Home Buying in Cincinnati>Question Details

Adam, Home Buyer in Cincinnati, OH

What is a good place to get a home loan/pre-approval from?

Asked by Adam, Cincinnati, OH Fri Feb 22, 2013

Moving to Cincinnati this summer from Minneapolis, MN and I need to know what places offer the best rates.

Kimberly Lawson’s answer
I can help you with rates. One of my clients got rates/pricing from Chase and Huntington and I beat those loan officers who my client spoke to hands down.

It's not only about rates. It's about the service too. I am primarily a purchase focused loan officer who listens to your needs to find the programs/options that best fit. The company I work for has top notch technology to assist us. As soon as my underwriter finishes their decision, you and all agents are notified as the same time I am when there's an update on your file. If you're still looking for an honest person who will give you the straight answer versus the answer someone thinks you want to hear then give me a call. 888-659-3848 I'm licensed by the State and by the National Mortgage Licensing system. I'm a Mortgage Banker with Brokering options as well, with nearly 90 +-lenders. That means, not only can I lend my money, I can set you up with other lender's money too if the need arises. Bottom line, it offers you many options with one credit check. Versus calling many places, having credit pulled multiple times which potentially drags your scores down. Many of the Realtors on here have given you a lot of advice about who they recommend you work with. It's best if you can find someone you feel comfortable in working with and knowing they can get you the best available terms for your situation.

Best to you in your search,
Kimberly Lawson

NMLS: 5601 OH.LO.004495.000

First Priority Financial, Inc.
748 N Court St Ste 201
Medina, OH 44256
MBMB.850147.001 NMLS: 3257
Call Jeff Fries with Coldwell Banker Home Loans at 513-462-8526. Jeff is great with first time buyers, his company closes on time and offer a no cost, no obligation pre approval service for home loans.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 22, 2013
WesBanco is a great lender to work with. We have programs that allow as little as 3 percent down and dont require PMI. This can can translate to hundreds of dollers in savings monthly. Give me a call and we can discuss the details.

Tom Webb
WesBanco Bank
Mortgage Loan Officer
NMLS ID 1000507
5511 Cheviot Road
Cincinnati, OH 45247
513-901-7030 Direct
513-448-9078 Cell
Trulia has some great loan officers look for a pro on the green tab. Or ask your friends, family, or co-workers for a referral
Trulia has a great link above, Mortgages, that send you to Trulia approved lenders. This will be a great starting point. Direct link posted below for ease of use.

Web Reference: http://www.GetSoldOKC.com
Right now I am sending my buyers to two local lenders.
Union Savings Bank 513-289-0300
Guardian Savings 513-661-9000
Both are local and have been getting my deals done fast and without hassle like the big banks.
Ross Kelly
Hey Adam Sandy Barrett with Union Savings is the person to talk to. Nobody beats Union's closing costs on a conventional loan.She also has taken questionable files to the underwriter for approval to make sure someone can buy instead of just "cranking out" an approval letter and finding out later that there are issues.

Her contact number is 513-582-0298
Been in the business for 12 years. Can help you with no hassle and not bug you. I only work with trusted people who will not bombard you but give honest info. I am licensed in Ohio and Kentucky. I cannot stand people hounding me..lol.
Have a great night.
My cell is 513-404-0801 call/text and email is tomerjon@fuse.net
Talk to a Realtor first and see who they suggest. BUT always get quotes from a couple different places. Some Realtors are just used to dealing with a certain Lender, but that Lender may not offer the best rates so it is always best to shop around a little.
Hi Adam!

I'm a realtor with Coldwell Banker and we have our own mortgage company who have very competitive rates. Not to mention they can pre-approve you at no cost right over the phone in about 20 minutes. Would you like their number?

Also, I'm a relocation agent who services the Cincinnati area...I'd be happy to help you out!

Here's my information...

Looking forward to hearing from you~
Heather Wesley
Coldwell Banker
Happy to give you a couple of responsive lenders that you can shop
Call or text: 513-236-3881
As a Realtor in Cincinmati I work with several lenders. Depending on several factors., I would recommend different ones. Contact be for help with this 513-703-6523
513-201-2192 is the number for Marcy Abshire at River Hills Bank. They have great service and low costs. The best thing is that they are small and treat you like a human. Also- fyi, I do not get anything for referring this bank. I just have had great experiences with them for many of my buyers. I definitely can not say that for all banks.
If you need a Realtor to help you locate a home here in Cincinnati, give me a call! I work with lots of out of towners. Good luck!
Brianne Kroger
Hi Adam, choose a local Realtor to work with and have that agent help you find a mortgage lender that is suitable to your needs.