LindsayO, Home Owner in Pittsburgh, PA

What is a good neighborhood in Winston-Salem area for a young married couple for under $250,000?

Asked by LindsayO, Pittsburgh, PA Sun Jun 15, 2008

Answers

8
What one would call "good" depends. If you want a short commute to work, then good would constitute staying within the city limits of Winston-Salem. There are many good neighborhoods to choose from up to $250k, depending on how many rooms you need and how much land you desire. Many of the older neighborhoods closer to city central have sidewalks and tree lined streets. These are also closer to shopping, banks, and conveniences. Clemmons and Lewisville are very popular bedroom communities only 10-15 minutes from downtown Winston-Salem. Kernersville offers the most flexibility to really experience the Triad.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 9, 2011
Hi Lindsay, I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but we live in a very family-friendly neighborhood and currently have a house for sale. We live in a completely remodeled, lake-front house and our asking price is $259,900. We live in the most desirable school disctrict and there are a lot of kids in our neighborhood. We are in a very peaceful neighborhood that is just outside the city limits, so we have county taxes, but are still very close to everything. Our MLS number is W472653 and you can look it up on sites like realor.com. Let me know if you'd like more info! Good luck in your house hunt! :)
Glad to hear you are thinking of coming to Winston-Salem! I have lived here my entire life & love it. I have worked with many clients with your criteria so I know I can help you, too! As for neighborhoods, it just depends on your needs. Do you want to live in town, downtown, in the suburbs, in a house or townhouse? I'd be happy to tailor a home search to fit your needs. Please call on me if I can help you. Welcome to Winston-Salem!
Hi Lindsay, check out our home for sale by owner in Winston-Salem. We moved into this neighborhood when we first married. It is a peaceful neighborhood with great neighbors. It is conveniently located for shopping and an easy commute to various businesses, Wake Forest University, and an easy commute to downtown. We have the home priced to sell at $200,000. You can email me if you have further questions about our home or other aspects of Winston-Salem at cobblestone5042@yahoo.com . Thanks

Lloyd
Lindsay,

I just posted a response. I am not sure if it got sent correctly. Visit our website below to access some information about our local team. We have dealt a lot in that price range over the last year and would love to speak with you and your husband about the local market. Thanks!
Sherwood forest is a great mix of couples, families and retirees.. In old sherwood you can find great older homes in that price range.. some may need updates.. but you can do that over time.. in new sherwood.. not much under $300k.. but if you can go up to $300k I have an awesome listing in the Mountainview neighborhood.. =D anyway.. look for sidewalks and streetlamps.. that's always a good sign of a safe and well kept neighborhood.. Best of Luck!!
Lindsay,
There are a ton of options for new construction or resale in that price range. It of course will depend on what you are looking for as far as size and other amenities. I have several new home communities in Winston that fit the bill. Do you know approximately what area you want to be in and what size home you want?

Let me know if I can help

Larry Story
Coldwell Banker Triad
larry.story@coldwellbanker.com
336-327-1841
Winston-Salem is a sprawling area with quite a range of neighborhoods with differing characteristics--from old to new, from postage stamp lots to acreage. To answer your question, you will need to provide a great deal more info, and you would be wasting your time to do it.

Your best option is to make a buyer agency agreement with a local REALTOR member of the MLS. Then you can lay out your specifics, and put the agent to work finding the right property for you. The best part of this advice is that the agent will likely cost you nothing, while saving you countless hours of wasted time and potential heartache.

The following page on the HUD Web site will validate my advice and provides answers to many another question you may have:

http://www.hud.gov/buying/comq.cfm