Kate Jepson, Home Buyer in Tampa, FL

What is a good area of Tampa for commuting back to Orlando?

Asked by Kate Jepson, Tampa, FL Thu Jun 13, 2013

I will continue to work in Orlando (exit 78 -- across from the Mall at Millenia) while my husband will be taking over the Tampa territory for his job. What would be a good location for us? New Tampa?

Answers

5
Lynn Brock’s answer
Kate Jepson,

If the I4 corridor will be your preferred method of highway then a community with easy access to the interstate.

This opens the door for many different types of housing opportunities to choose from in both areas.

Apparently, this situation has become extremely common in recent months, as I have several clients with this same commute and work opportunities. Each has selected a different neighborhood that best suits their personal needs and interests.

Lynn Brock
Brock Realty Inc.
941.313.1234
http://www.brockrealty-iinc.com
hi there , i would love to hear from you about your experience !! where did you end up settling
about to have to make the same choice and would love some insight
I would suggest Lakeland. It is halfway between Tampa and Orlando so both of you can cut your commutes in half. It really is a great bedroom community for both metropolitan areas. There are a couple of colleges in Lakeland so in the summer you have a sleepy little town and in the school year there is more action.
I would suggest the temple terrace or Brandon area. Even New Tampa isn't bad because its near the main interstate. Let me know if you have any other questions you need help with. Also if wanting to split the commute Lakeland would be a good alternative.
I personally feel Thonotosassa and Plant City provide easiest access to I-4 for daily commutes. They both are also just outside of congestion zones on 1-4. Hope that helps and if I can be of any assistance finding a home in those areas please call me or visit my website at http://www.thelonghometeam.com to begin your seach. Good luck my friend.

Scott Lynn
Long & Associates