Home Buying in Murray Hill>Question Details

Julia, Home Buyer in Murray Hill, Jackson...

What is a fair price range for a new construction in Murray Hill area?

Asked by Julia, Murray Hill, Jacksonville, FL Thu Aug 20, 2009

I am looking at a new construction in Murray Hill priced at $170,000. It is 1,290 sq.ft., 3BR/2B, equipped with brand-new stainless steel appliances and washer/dryer. It even has French doors, wood laminate floors, tiles, carpet, upgraded cabinets, covered patio. I am wondering if the price is fair, considering current market prices and home prices in the area.

Answers

3
Julia,

At that price, you are paying nearly $132 per square foot. This seems to be a decent price, but there are still quite a few builders in Jacksonville that have builder inventory that they are selling for less than it costs them to build it, many under $100/sf. It all depends on where you prefer to be located. I recently assisted first time buyers who purchased a brand new builder home with all of the upgrades you mentioned, 2424 sf, 5 bedroom home for under $200,000 and $11,000 in closing costs were paid by the builder. Their bonus? It also appraised for $7000 more than they paid for it! Instant equitly!

If you would like to have me help you find a great value in a home, please call or email me at your convenience!

Holly
thehayesteam@prudentialnetworkrealty.com
Hi Julia,

Hard to say what is fair with new construction. You mentioned allot of upgrades in this home. Also to consider is the builder and location in Murray Hill. Currently in Murray Hill/Hyde Grove/Lakeshore/Wesconnet (zip code 32205 is Murray Hill) the average selling price for resales is about $109,000 based on a report from DQnews.com. Since the beginning of the year there have been 288 sales of which 153 were cash sales.

As an Accredited Buyer's Representative (ABR), I would recommend that you contact me so that we can go out and visit this site, preview the home, speak with the builder to get a better handle on this. There is no cost to you for my services. I can be reached by cell at 571-1358 or email at yourrealtor@att.net.

All the best
Charlie Chorman
571-1358
yourrealtor@att.net
(Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.)
Web Reference: http://jaxhomesinfo.com
Julia,

Did you know that is does not cost you anything to work with a Realtor such as myself when looking and buying new construction? That way we can help you through the process from your first search to closing and beyond. Please me know if I can help you find what you are looking for.

Mike King
Watson Realty Corp
12710 San Jose Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32223
904-288-6250 office
904-327-2765 cell
mikeking@watsonrealtycorp.com