Cwright127, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

What is a CAR form?

Asked by Cwright127, Los Angeles, CA Thu Oct 27, 2011

Answers

9
Katrina Demidova’s answer
CAR forms are real estate transaction documents created by the California Association of Realtors and their legal department. They are constantly updated to reflect all the recent legal changes and rules. There are a variety of these forms for every type of transaction. One should not do a real estate deal without a representation of a licensed Realtor and without CAR forms.

If you have more questions feel free to email me at katrina4re@yahoo.com
Hi Cwright:

CAR forms are approved standard real estate forms used in a real estate transaction that are approved by the California Department of Real Estate and The California Association of Realtors. In order to have access to these forms, your realtor must either be a good standing member of their local board or subscribe and pay for the usage of these forms.

If you are in the midst of a real estate purchase or sale, your agent will be using these forms in the form of listing agreements, purchase contracts, disclosures, rental agreements, addendum's, and more.

Good luck and all the best,

Kat Becker, Realtor
Prudential California Realty
katbecker@prula.com
CAR forms are forms provided by the California Association of Realtors. Have you found a property you would like to make an offer for? CAR forms are the standard contracts used in the State of California. Any licensed Realtor will have access to them as long as they are a member of the California Association of Realtors.

I personally live and work in the area, feel free to contact me anytime if you have more questions.
Have a great day,
Heather Paul, Realtor
Coldwell Banker
310-586-0364
C.A.R. stands for California Association of Realtors. This is one of our professional associations that Realtors belong to as well as the Local and National associations. We have worked with lawyers to produce excellent Real Estate forms to cover most issues that arise in a Real Estate transaction. If the seller is asking for C.A.R. forms, that is what they are referring to.
Cwright127,

The definition has been provided, however I wonder why you ask? Are you considering making a home purchase without the benefit of an experienced realtor? If so, I would give that some thought - there is a lot involved with the purchase of real property. At the very least, consult an attorney. If you have questions about the process, feel free to contact me via my website.

Angie Simpson
Web Reference: http://www.angiesimpson.com
We are buying a home with a well and septic system and our Realtor sis not check the use of the CAR forms for these items. So I was just wondering what they were for. I asked her to check the box and she did, so I guess everything is fine.
Flag Tue Nov 19, 2013
CAR - California Association of Realtors.
C.A.R. stands for the California Association of Realtors and most real estate transactions in California are written on these forms. Only Realtors have access to these forms.

If you would like to work with a competent realtor please feel free to give me a call. I live in West LA and have lived on the westside for 50 years.

Hope I can earn your business,

Todd Frelinger
The Real Estate Consultants

Direct (310) 968-5387
Office (310) 642-SOLD (7653) x110

DRE #01748434
California Association of Realtor's form.

Form which is used for most Real Estate Transactions in CA.

If you are placing an offer it should be on a CAR form, it has built in protections for Buyer and Seller.

I would suggest contacting an agent to make certain your interests are protected.
Web Reference: http://www.monkrealty.com
C.A.R. stand for the California Association of Realtors, and they provide transactional forms for real estate transactions.