Ben Frederick, Real Estate Pro in Bellevue, WA

What is Kent, WA current home apprciation?

Asked by Ben Frederick, Bellevue, WA Fri Sep 2, 2011

Answers

5
I work in Kent,WA and live there as well. Prices in Kent are raising now like everywhere else.
But if you played the stock market you would buy when IBM stock is low right, and ride it back up to the top.
The same with housing, you buy when prices are low and hold them until they raise.
You mean home depreciation. Kent had a little boost over the Spring but year over year prices been going down for 5 years now. Scares the you know what out of me to buy now. You got the fiscal cliff coming, Europe going down the grinder and the U.S. headed towards economic meltdown. But you do what you want. It just scares me is all. I've been reading that this is an engineered recovery with low interest rates, keeping REOs off the market, etc.
Ben, I do not know why you are asking this question when you have access to all the same info that we do.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 3, 2011
That makes for about a 1% decline per month, from the 1st answer, but every area within area 330 is different, so it's still comparing comparables is the best way to estimate the price or value of a property. Higher end properties are hit harder, fewer buyers for those. So it depends on the price range you are asking about. The question is way to general to blanket the whole area. As well, going back a year, is too far, the market is more like a roller coaster of change, so please narrow down your question, and don't just apply such a general figure to your estimates. I worked that area for 15 years, and there are so many neighborhoods, price ranges and market areas within the Kent area, that could be so far off.

Best to you all.

HLR
According to year-to-date NWMLS statistics through July 2011, Area 330 (Kent) has a median price 11.7% lower than the same period last year.