Home Buying in Huntersville>Question Details

Bigmammy, Home Seller in Charlotte, NC

What is Huntersville, NC like for someone with a large family? Anyone homeschool there and have opinions?

Asked by Bigmammy, Charlotte, NC Mon Jan 31, 2011

Answers

8
Wow,Huntersville is a great place to live.Close to the city and an international airport. All differnt ages.
Yes there is homeschooling in Huntersville Incidently Cornelius and Davidson are right next door to Huntersville and are worth looking at.
Huntersville is a wonderful place to live and I believe that you will really enjoy all that this area has to offer. In addition to Huntersville, there are three other adjoining towns that really present a picturesque environment for a family. Cornelius, Davidson and Mooresville are all linked together via Hwy 115 and offer a really unique experience in the Lake Norman Region. There are a lot of outdoor activities in this area and a beautiful aquatic center that is really great for kids and adults alike.

I have lived here for over ten years and have really enjoyed all aspects of the community.
Thank you all for your answers.
You will find many homeschooling families in the Huntersville/Lake Norman area. I have resided in the area for 17 years and have been amazed at how many families I have met over the years that home school. I have even tried it once myself. Many churches offer home schooling support as well. The Huntersville area is VERY family oriented! I believe your large home-schooling family will fit in well!

Please let me know if you have any further questions or if I can assist you in any other way.

Warmest Regards,

Lori Scherrman
Broker-in-Charge/MBA
First Priority Realty, Inc
704-712-4934 or Lori@1Priorityrealty.com
Huntersville is a great community to live and raise a large family. It's very convenient to shopping, doctors, sports activities, Lake Norman and major interstates and highways. It lies just inside the Mecklenburg County line near Cabarrus County. You'll have easy access to Charlotte, Davidson, Cornelius, Concord, Mooresville and the University area.

I have several clients that home school their children and would be glad to put you in touch with them. I'm sure they would be glad to share some insight on homeschooling and raising a family in this area.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance!

Mark Anthony
"Your Trusted Advisor in Real Esate"
Allen Tate Realtors
http://www.markanthonyrealtor.com
704-796-5195 mobile
mark.anthony@allentate.com
Huntersville is a great place to raise a family. I lived in South Florida for many years and moved to the Charlotte area 12 years ago to Matthews, We did like Matthews but felt a little land locked and wanted to be near some water. We have lived in Huntersville now for over 10 years and have 7yr old triplet boys. We do not home school but some of our close friends do. There is a whole network of families who home school in the Huntersville area. You will love the area for you and your family! We would not want to be anywhere else. Please let me know if I can help in anyway.
Hi there. Huntersville, NC is a wonderful place for families, large and small. There is a lot of information in the area for home schooling networks and curriculum's.

There is a website called Meet Up where you can connect with other parents and families in regards to any topic, which would include home schooling http://homeschool.meetup.com/cities/us/nc/huntersville/

There is also numerous websites with useful information http://homeschooling.gomilpitas.com/regional/NorthCarolinaSu…

Please let me know if I can help you at all with your move or school choices.

Alyssa Roccanti
alyssaroccanti@gmail.com
704-654-9305
Huntersville is near Lake Norman, a beautiful, large lake for water skiing, boating, fishing. Lots of middle and high end shops. Yes. Many families home school out here. Very family oriented area.

Craig Johnson, Broker
Certified Short Sale Specialist (ASD)
Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE)
Jennifer Johnson, Broker Assistant
Prudential Carolinas Realty, Ballantyne
3420 Toringdon Way, Suite 200
Charlotte, NC 28277
704-465-9421 Direct
800-617-3001 Fax
http://www.CraigJohnson.PruCarolinas.com
cj9@carolina.rr.com