Home Buying in Cypress>Question Details

Melinda Bloom, Home Buyer in Long Beach, CA

What has been happening in the Sorrento development in the last 6 months?

Asked by Melinda Bloom, Long Beach, CA Fri Jun 5, 2009

Answers

4
Charles K. Park’s answer
It's now 11/18/2009 and I can say that prices are turning around and inching back up. Just do the recent sold search on Trulia and list according to price. Generally, Sorrento homes are listed first because in Cypress, CA real estate, they are the highest priced homes.
Web Reference: http://charleskpark.com
With regards to what has sold in Sorrento in the past 6mos, I would like to add this: The properties with Lot Sizes between 4,900-6,000sqft have been selling from $770K-low $800's.
The sales that have been over $850k & as high as $950K (for a 3,600sqft home) were on the larger lot sizes of 6,500+sqft.

That is the defining factor I can see for why 2 homes with the close to the same building square footage sold for a $100K difference recently.

Others will be coming on the market in there soon. Owners ARE defaulting on their mortgages.

If you didn't end up going to Mountain View with your job transfer & are interested in Sorrento, shoot me an email. Also, if your price range is up to $1.7M, you may want to consider Rossmoor, there are some AWESOME brand new custom homes that surpass the size of what Sorrento can offer. Up to 5,400sqft.

Let me know if I can help
emilyknell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053
Hi! I live around the corner from the Sorrento Development. The homes are beautiful and my friends who live there really love the lifestyle. I have lived in Cypress for 18 years and my family and I just love it. There are homes for everyone here. I live in a Pacesetter Home that was built in the 70's and it has a lot of features like floor to ceiling windows thru-out and a very open floor plan. This is our retirement home and community. The schools are great and we have Oxford Academy which rivals the Cerritos High that always is #1 in the country.

If you would like to know more about the Cypress Community or Sorrento Homes(they are so beautiful) I would love the opportunity to be of help.

Barbara Robbins-Olexa, Broker, e-Pro Internet Certified, SRES(R)
L B Brokerage
714-296-7270
bstrealtor@ol.com
http://www.barbararobbinsolexa.com
Melinda,

In the past six months, there have been nine closed sales for an average price of $871,555 ($286.85/ sq ft.). There are currently two active listings at $920,000 and $970,000 and three houses in escrow. There has also been once canceled listing.

This is a very sought-after housing edition with higher home prices than the surrounding neighborhoods. How can I be of service to you in your home search? Just give me a call or drop me an email and let's get started finding your new home.

714-552-2335
Tim@TimKunze.com
Web Reference: http://www.TimKunze.com