Home Buying in Pelham>Question Details

Sahsa, Home Buyer in New Hampshire

What happens in the property listing in not correct. i put depoist on home and thought I was going to get a

Asked by Sahsa, New Hampshire Tue Dec 4, 2007

new kitchen and 2 full baths when there is really an unfinished kitchen and 1 &1/2 bath. I signed P&S but I backed out can I get my money back since the listing was not true?

Answers

3
Wayne Laverdiere’s answer
Sahsa, did you have a realestate agent representing you? If so, did you talk with him regarding the listing information? They will be on your side and should help you get your deposit back. If no agent represented you, I would talk to a realestate agent for advise and possibly get an attorney involved if the seller is refusing to refund your deposit.
Did you put a deposit on a home without looking at? You should have seen it was incomplete and either not made an offer or lowered your offer to account for what was missing or unfinished. If you have a buyer agent they need to guide you, if you bought without looking you may not have a case, you should then meet with an attorney who can look at your contract and advise you.
The best advise I can give you is to contact an attorney for advice. .I assume you viewed the property and were not merely relying on the listing sheet when you made your offer. In that case you would have seen that the kitchen was unfinished and that was 1 1/2 baths.