Dante, Home Buyer in Avon, OH

What grants are first time home buyers entitled to in Hendricks County Indiana?

Asked by Dante, Avon, OH Wed Jun 18, 2008

Answers

4
The state has a down payment assistance program. It used to be just for first time home buyers but is now expanded to others. It is the lesser of 6% of the purchase price or $7500. Qualifications include income limits, dependents, and other requirements. It is a great program and I've helped a lot of folks become home owners using this program. Although not all lenders participate in the program, all areas of Hendricks County qualify. Not all properties are suitable for the program though and must be at habitable and safe. Please email or call me if you'd like to know more. I can also refer you to several lenders experienced in this program.
Depending on the area you wanting to purchase a home will depend on what’s available. There several avenues a first time home buyer can go. The USDA is a great program but depending on the time of year it can run out of money quickly and it’s only offered in certain rural areas outside of Indianapolis. Like Plainfield, Avon, Brownsburg are close enough to Indianapolis they won’t qualify but Danville Clayton and areas like them do. The best than a buyer can do is to get hooked up with a mortgage broker and not a dot com broker. You need some one you can go see if need be and some one that is available when you call or at least returns your calls. If you don’t have someone I would be more than happy to give you the name and contact information of the broker I use all the time and very pleased with. You can get a hold of me at call Denny@gmail.com I hope this helps.
Unfortunately, the Indiana Housing program has depleted it's funds so until funds are replenished, that option is not available. However, if you choose a rural property in Hendricks county, Danville, Pittsboro for example, there is a USDA loan program that allows you to get into a home with no downpayment. The rates are awesome as well!

I partner with lenders who offer these programs, so please email me at nan@talktotucker.com for more info! Thanks!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
Dante -

Although not exclusive to Hendricks County, Indiana Housing has a great program for first time homebuyers. It is a grant program for up to $3500. toward down payment assistance. There are some income and qualifying guidelines, but it's an excellent program.

There's also some rural property loans available for Hendricks County, depending on where you live within the county.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like more information.