Home Buying in San Antonio>Question Details

Kyle, Home Buyer in Victoria, TX

What exactly is needed from me in a cash purchase in San Antonio Tx?

Asked by Kyle, Victoria, TX Tue Oct 8, 2013

I can't remember where I read it and don't know if it was for a mortgage but two forms of ID? I have a birth certificate and a DL do I need them? What other information/documents do I need throughout the process?

Help the community by answering this question:


You just need your DL for the notary. Most title companies like for you to wire the funds to closing, but most will still accept a certified check from your bank. Other than that... just you and a pen :)

It's easy as pie! Did you already find a home?

2 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 8, 2013
Agreed! Jason was VERY good. Very happy!
Flag Fri Oct 18, 2013
Just closed on a home with Jason. He is amazing! - Rosa
Flag Tue Oct 15, 2013
The closing officer will need your i.d. but all you need to get the deal started is your proof of funds and your earnest money deposit. You won't need any other documents unless the purchase contract states otherwise.

Hope this helps

0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 8, 2013
buying cash, it would still be in your best interest to close with a title company - that title insurance is a valuable benefit to you, and having a disinterested third party handing the closing is also a worthwhile benefit. They will notarize all the papers, and file deed at the courthouse. They will ask for photo ID, which would be a passport, drivers license, and a wire transfer or cashiers check for the amount of the transaction. In a cash sale, the seller will likely credit you with his share of the year's taxes, and then you will pay the whole bill at the end of the year. Sometimes, if the tax bill is already out, the title company will send the whole payment to the county. It will cost you less than $500 total closing costs for the transaction. You want to be sure to give it a week or 10 days in title, so they can check for any liens that might be files against the house - your protection, again, so even though your CAN close instantly, give yourself time to verify the title commitment.

Let us know if we can be of assistance. Anita Reeves, Amberson Realty 210/590-9101
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 8, 2013
Your answer from Jason is absolutely correct......a cash deal is easy. Of course, you will need a property too! If I can help you find your purchase, just contact me anytime! 210-215-7440

0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 8, 2013
Hello Kyle,

Cash is King as they say...and 2 forms of ID....along with POF (Proof of funds).

Have you already found the home? If not. my contact info is below.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance!

"I'll Find You The House, You Make It A Home!"

Cornel "Chuck" Berry, REALTOR®, (USAF Retired),
Real Estate Consultant, Lic# 0615965,
GRI, ABR, e-Pro, CNE, TAHS, SFR, Cartus CSA/NBS, BS, MA,

Coldwell Banker D'Ann Harper, REALTORS®,
18756 Stone Oak Pkwy., Suite 101.
San Antonio, TX 78258.
Cell: (210) 683-1157
Direct: (210) 483-7552
Fax: (210) 483-4679
Email: cberry@cbharper.com
Web Page: http://www.chuckberryrealtor.com
CBDHR Intro: http://youtu.be/Lp8C1naryD8

Info about Brokerage Services: ww.trec.state.tx.us/pdf/contracts/OP-K.pdf

Get a **$50.00** referral fee for each buyer/seller you refer, paid at closing!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 8, 2013
A valid driver licence and proof of funds should due depending on who you are closing with. Are you closing at a title company?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 8, 2013
Also depends on what property you are buying.

Jesus Soto
Associate Broker
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 8, 2013
You just need your License when you go to closing to prove it's you signing. To make a cash offer on something, you need to show where the funds are (proof of funds). That you have the money to close.

Does that help?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 8, 2013
You are okay now to buy in cash. Your DL will be enough, but you will need a Good Realtor to negotiate for you. Plase find your next home at http://www.JoseSellsSaAntonio.com
Let me know when we can talk to star your process.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 8, 2013
2 Forms of ID are needed ONLY if you're closing at a title company... you don't even need that if you're buying cash though. Just depends on how you're buying.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 8, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer