Michael Baca, Home Buyer in 81003

What exactly does Contruction Type: Frame mean? Can I still build up Equity on this home?

Asked by Michael Baca, 81003 Mon Sep 3, 2007

This will be our first home, and I just want to make sure that this home is not like a manufactured home.

Answers

7
"I just want to make sure that this home is not like a manufactured home. "

If it was a Manufactured home, it would say that under Construction Type.

By the way some Manufactured homes built after 2003 are really impressive, and in some cases better than frame
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 4, 2007
Mr.P, Other/Just Looking in Arizona
Simply put, it means it is not brick. Think of the three pigs: straw would be the lowest quality and equity value. Stick or frame would be in the middle and very common. Brick is the strongest and longest lasting in places without earthquakes. If it were a manufactured home, I believe that is where they would mention that. Oddly enough, many manufactured homes are better quality but have poor resale value because of the stigma.

I was having technical difficulties so I had to delete and re-write my answer.
Ruth
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 3, 2007
Ruthless, Other/Just Looking in 60558
Frame construction is what we call "stick-built." It's made of wood. Most common construction in the West because it holds up better to earthquakes because wood is more flexible than stone or brick.
Web Reference: http://www.go2kw.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 3, 2007
Ute Ferdig -…, Real Estate Pro in Newcastle, CA
What would our home be called?..It's redwood planks over cinder-block.
A Framed house is a typical house built in the US. Mostly it is bult out of 2 X 4 lumber. Go visit a Home Depot, see and touch the components of a home to get an understanding of construction.

By the way, some manufactured homes now are better built than standard 2 x 4 construction.

You can build equity in anything...learn more on a financial website about what is equity.
Web Reference: http://www.iansellsnola.com
Hi Michael,

Frame construction means a Type of construction in which the structural parts are of wood or are dependent on a wooden frame for support and is built on site. This is the most common form of construction where I practice. An older form of this type of construction used to be referred to as Post and Beam construction.
Web Reference: http://MelissaBMancini.com
Frame just means that it is built on the site, not a modular or a mobile home (trucked in). Wood framing is the most common for houses, but some builders are looking at steel. You might have heard the terminology "we got it 'framed in' " if you have ever been on a construction site. That is when they have the wall joists and rafters (the frame) up. Your exterior finish can be what ever you want it to be.

It is easier to build equity in a frame house than the alternative modular or mobile home.