Michael Gord…, Other/Just Looking in Towson, MD

What does the rental market look like in Rehoboth? Which is easier to rent - for all year round or summer months only?

Asked by Michael Gordon, Towson, MD Sat Jul 9, 2011

Interested in possible purchase of 3 bdrm condo to use as rental/income property. What are the average monthly rents for summer months? What about for the year?

Answers

5
Rehoboth Beachteam’s answer
Rental Market in Rehoboth Beach has been Great this summer so far !
If you rent for the summer months only as a rule the funds are all due prior to check in. Most ALL summer rentals go from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
If you rent a property Year Round your rent is normally paid on a monthly basis.
There are many off-season events in our area - Lewes, Dewey and Rehoboth that you would miss if you are just here for the summer. You can check out capegazette.com/ classifieds and get an idea of rental homes available. I do not do rentals anymore (did for 12 years). I only handle listing and selling of homes now at RE/MAX. Let me know if I may assist you further ! Good Luck! It's a gorgeous sunny 80 degree day today !
Carla Miller
Web Reference: http://www.beachteam.com
Did you buy it? ;-)

Warm Regards,

Dustin & Mariya
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 30, 2012
The rental market for weekly and seasonal rentals are very strong this year if you are in the city limits. Year round rentals are doing well up and down the Rt 1 corridor.

I only list and sell properties in the Rehoboth / Lewes area, but work a great rental dept. YOu may contact me directly for further information. I will be glad to send you properties that meet your criteria.
Rental rates for a 3 bedroom condo on a yearly basis or summer basis really depends on location and several other aspects. If you spend $250,000- $350,000 located about 1 mile to the beach in a complex with outdoor pool, tennis you can rent either weekly for $850-$1300/ week, $7500 +/- for seasonal (memorial day - labor day to one tenant) or $1200 month year round.
Just a ball park to give you an idea.

If you would like me to send you links on condos/ townhomes in our area email me directly and I will provide you with the information for your review. You can certainly get a good idea of availability searching on Trulia. Let me know if you have any questions or are interested in previewing.

I look forward to assisting you.

Carla Miller
RE/MAX
Web Reference: http://www.beachteam.com
DEPENDS ON YOUR NEEDS. IF YOU WANT TO BE WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE TO THE BEACH THEN A SUMMER RENTAL IS MORE AVAILABLE. YEAR ROUND RENTALS ARE GENERALLY FURTHER AWAY. THE RENTAL MARKET IS VERY STRONG THIS YEAR WITH VERY FEW SUMMER CHOICES STILL AVAILABLE AND NOT TOO MANY YEAR ROUND. GOT MORE QUESTIONS? CALL JOSEPH AT 888-226-0088.RENTAL AGENT FOR MANN & SONS.

THANKS,,JIM MCALISTER