Kyle, Home Buyer in Rochester, NY

What does the Buyer's attorney do with regard to title? My attorney just told me the seller's attorney sent

Asked by Kyle, Rochester, NY Tue May 20, 2008

him all the title documents?

I'm in upstate NY

Answers

3
Jed Carrol’s answer
Kyle, your attorney examines an abstract of title (a history of deeds, mortgages, liens, bankrupties, real estate tax search etc) along with a survey to ascertain the quality of your title. He/she obtains title insurance for your lender and hopefully for you. Once the title insurance for the lender is sent to the settlement agent for the lender and you obtain clearance to close from your lender, your attorney can schedule a closing. I hope you find this helpful.
The answer below is correct. This also means you are getting close to owning a home.
Congratulations!
The buyer's attorney uses a title company who searches the title for any clouds, liens, judgements, etc. All surveys really should be redone no matter how recently the last one was completed.
Web Reference: http://Gailgladstone.com