Home Buying in West Juneau>Question Details

Dottie, Home Buyer in West Juneau, Juneau,...

What does "off market" mean? The place is listed for sale but says off market. The address is 2575 Douglas Hwy in Douglas AK

Asked by Dottie, West Juneau, Juneau, AK Sat Feb 19, 2011

Answers

3
I am a Realtor in Juneau and that particular property has been withdrawn from the market. At this point in time, the sellers have decided not to sell. It is no longer an active listing on the MLS. The sellers may decide to put it back on the market at a later date but that is unknown at this time.

Mimi Rothchild
RE/MAX of Juneau
Hi Dottie,
Sindy is right it could mean anything. And in my MLS we do not have a off market status, We only have actives, pending, contingents, expired, withdrawn and cancelled.
"Off Market" coule either mean withdrawn or cancelled. A cancelled listing is when the owner stops the listing short of the listings contract date or if it was damaged somehow or in foreclosure.
Withdrawn normally means that the listing will be back on again in the future and has just been pulled off long enough to do a repair or remodel or something similar.
I would suggest you call one of your local Realtors and inquire about it.
I have been selling homes for 31 years. I usually represent sellers. When I take a home off the market it means that the seller no longer wants to show it.

If the listing was up it would be an expired.
If it was in escrow or a pending sale it would be pending or taking back up offers.

My guess is the sellers goals have changed but it is still listed. In this market it could mean so many things. I have taken homes off the market because the home did not sell for what the seller needed to pay off the existing mortgages and the seller has decided to rent out or, the seller has decided to give to the bank.

So many reasons. The listing agent may tell you is you ask.

Sindy