Home Buying in Rochester>Question Details

Chinadollxtwo, Home Buyer in Rochester, NY

What does "full Disclosure" mean. What iy tou signed off on the inspection repore. I was accross the country and my re agent handled it.

Asked by Chinadollxtwo, Rochester, NY Mon Jul 25, 2011

She knew . I had no idea of the presence of the extra unmentioned toilet in the house. I aborted the purchase and the seller wants to sue me .

Answers

2
Consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate for all involved legalities. If you did not cancel the contract in accordance with the timeline stated in your contract, you could be in breach of contract. Not sure why as you state "the presence of the extra unmentioned toilet " would be a deal killer--had you visited the property--again consult with an attorney....
If you did not cancel due to inspection report in the allotted time frame then you have breached the contract and the seller can go after you. You are the only person responsible for what you do, you should have had that report faxed, emailed, scanned and sent what ever way there is, and you should have looked at it. The seller did their part, and expects you to do yours, an extra bathroom by the way is not a deal killer! the price changing due to finding it would have been! In today's day and age there is no reason why you had to be out in the dark on this matter, your agent could have sent pics via their phone to you, and copies of the report could have been in your hands 10 minutes after they were put in the agent's hands! Prepare for a lawsuit and the law is in the favor it seems of the seller and not you!