Mike Turner - Owner - Front Street Brokers, Luxury Home Sales and Investments located in Boise Idaho.
I happen to be working a contingent short sale at the moment and it has been in the works for months. A full price offer without contingencies was written and you would think that would fast track the situation but it has not. This is all contingent on the bank accepting the offer and we've done everything that needs to be done up to this point. Now we just have to wait for the bank to respond. Short sales are good for the seller and for the buyer if everyone just has the patience to wait it out. You could still try to write an offer or back-up offer but that would be even slower and you probably won't get the property. I'd move on to another choice. Good luck.
REMAX Boone Realty, Columbia, MO
An offer was written for the property, signed by the seller and submitted to the bank. The lender must approve the sale for it to move forward. It is contingent. Many agents will take a back-up offer at this point, in case the first buyers want out and get out. Some agents submit multiple offers to the lender. You would need to have your agent talk to the listing agent and see where they are and try to find out if the offer is solid. And then go from there.
Hope this helps!
Coldwell Banker Residential
Port St. Lucie, Florida