Latasha Wilds, Home Buyer in Norfolk, VA

What does off market mean?

Asked by Latasha Wilds, Norfolk, VA Tue Nov 22, 2011

Answers

4
The answer to your question depends on how the site has defined the term "Off the market." While it can mean withdrawn, expired, sold, I would also add "temporarily off the market" which would indicate that the owner has requested it not to be shown and removed it from being listed as active. There can be a variety of reasons for this from the owner doing repairs, to the owner going out of town and doesn't want it shown while they are gone, or something more serious. If this is a home you are interested in seeing, ask your agent to follow up with the listing agent to find out more details, and to let your agent know when it comes back on market. See if your agent's computer system can send you a notice when it comes back on the market. Good luck house hunting.
Web Reference: http://www.suncompanies.biz
Hello Latasha,

This is a good question and you've received good answers. Keep in mind, some sellers of homes marked "off market" may have the desire to sell. You will want to pair with an experienced and responsive buyer's agent to help you find the right home--whether the right home for you is listed on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) or not.

Feel free to contact me any time with questions or service requests. I look forward to serving you in this important endeavor. My mobile number is 757-268-5123. Also, you may click on the link below to review my profile and professional services.

All the best, Joe McAvoy
Off Market can mean it is withdrawn, expired or sold recently or a long time ago when it ever first recorded with the county. (i.e. 864 Monarch Circle, San Jose, CA 95138 http://www.trulia.com/homes/California/San_Jose/sold/7774596…) says it is off market. June 30th 1999 was when they closed escrow on it and it has not ever been for sale from they bought it from Shea Homes).

I hope that makes sense. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Barbara Brodrick
Off market can mean that it was sold, expired, or withdrawn. Thanks for your question. If you have any others, or interested in buying/selling a home, give me a call. My number is 757.383.2070, or email me at rebeccathomas1212@gmail.com. I am here to help.

Rebecca Thomas, Realtor
Keller Williams Realty Greenbrier
1100 Volvo Pkwy Suite 200
Chesapeake VA 23320
757.383.2070
rebeccathomas1212@gmail.com