Home Buying in Oceanside>Question Details

Matpet, Home Buyer in Oceanside, OR

What does listing type: "resale" mean. Does that mean that the property has been sold recently and is now being resold?

Asked by Matpet, Oceanside, OR Mon Aug 30, 2010

Answers

8
Resale is considered a standard sale where the seller is a real person and they are selling their home - instead of a short sale or bank owned property.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 30, 2010
I'm actually sitting in Oceanside as I write this. I would be happy to do the research on a property you're looking at and send you the sales history. Tillamook County (governing entity for Oceanside) keeps a ledger of all past sales of each property.
I see you got your answer regarding re-sale...I am very familiar with the Oceanside area at the Coast and would be happy to offer any further assistance. I have an office in Rockaway Beach if you want to contact me. Thanks!
Just that it is not new construction.
Yes, only means that it is NOT a new construction.
In this area "resale" means that the home has had a prior owner....it is not new construction. It could have been sold recently and being resold now but that is not the common use of the word. If you want to know the last time a specific property was sold, call the title company in the area and get a property package with a copy of the last deed. That way you will know the last time it sold an approx. for what amount.
It refers to the fact that at some point in time, whether that was 2 years or twenty, the house was purchased and is now up for re sale. It could be new construction that was purchased and not lived in or newer construction or ancient- so at times it could be a tiny bit confusing.
Web Reference: http://topbrainerdagent.com
Resale is a home that has had previous owners. A home is listed for sale is either new construction or resale (having had prior owners).