brglotus, Home Buyer in San Antonio, TX

What does it take for the BUILDER to pull out of a contract to build?

Asked by brglotus, San Antonio, TX Fri Dec 6, 2013

My husband and I have had multiple delays in building our home. We locked in a mortgage rate with MONTHS of wiggle room based on the farthest projected delivery date. Now due to delays we are hoping to close in order to keep our rate.

My husband recently left a heated voicemail on the sales associates voicemail due to the latest delay. No expletives or name calling, but he did say he would advise anyone not to go with this company and that they did not deserve the building awards they have for integrity.

My husband and realtor say this is nothing new in this business, but I am worried the builder would want to pull out because of his actions. I have written and apologized to the salesman.

Any thoughts? Thank you!

Answers

1
Maryland has no standard for new home sales contract's. New home contract language vary widely from builder to builder. Most contracts contain the language the builder can take up to 2 years to deliver you your new home. I suggest you consult a real estate attorney to review your contract with you and your options for specific performance on behalf of the builder.

Greg Myers
RE/MAX Realty Group
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 7, 2013