Labrujaana, Home Buyer in Tampa, FL

What does it mean when you see a posting that says "Active with Contract"?

Asked by Labrujaana, Tampa, FL Sat Sep 3, 2011

Still on the hunt for a new home. As we continue to look through listings we keep coming across this posting "Active with Contract". What does that mean?

Answers

5
The property is under contract however the seller wants to keep marketing the property and is willing to accept back-up contracts. When dealing with so many financing issues and short sales - I highly recommend checking out the property and seeing if the listing agent believes there is a chance of the current offer closing. I have had two buyers that got to step in when another buyer fell through on a property by being a back-up.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 4, 2011
Labrujaana,

I know I have answered questions from you before and I don't want to be rude but, don't you have a Realtor? Your Realtor should be answering these questions for you and if their not, then fire them. I will be more than happy to help you find a suitable property and answer any questions you might have. I'm a Tampa Bay area Realtor with 25 years of experience in the real estate business. Call or email me.

Randy Baumgartner, Realtor
Tampa Suncoast Realty
randy109@verizon.net
Labrujaana,
Active with Contract, or Active With Contingencies, (AWC) could mean that an offer was accepted, and there is a contract. The contract may have various contingencies to be fulfilled before the transaction closes. The contingencies may be - Home Inspection contingency, appraisal contingency, financing contingency, sale of Buyer's home contingency, etc... After all those contingencies are removed, the transaction could close. However, if any of them cannot be removed, the Buyer may back-out of the contract.
If you submit an offer on a home under contract, you will be in a back-up position, and the Sellers will probably contact you, if their contract falls through.
Web Reference: http://www.talktosteffy.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 3, 2011
It likely means they have accepted an offer, but the seller wants to keep the house available for backup offers. OR the agent wants to keep it active to keep getting calls on it :). Either way it's under agreement.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 3, 2011
It sould mean that they have an OFFER, but they are still accepting other Offers, probably BACK-UP offers.

If you really, really want the house and are very patient; you could wait for it.

Caution, the odds are against you, and it may take a while.

Have your Realtor find out the reasons and conditions.

Good luck and may God bless
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 3, 2011