Home Buying in Sicklerville>Question Details

Odessa Braxt…, Home Buyer in 08021

What does it mean when the property's status is ASSESSOR? The home I'm interested in was on the market then taken off, and now I see it

Asked by Odessa Braxton, 08021 Thu Nov 4, 2010

again on Trulia (with pictures replaced) but in Assessor status. It no longer gives description of property, number of bedrooms etc. Thank you.

Answers

3
Odessa,
It sounds to me you are looking at the value of the property. Sometimes a value is listed as "assessor's value" Especially when Trulia or Zillow are listing values of a property. Where they get their valuations is sometimes put at the site where their information came from.

Also on some foreclosure or sheriff sales sites will show taxes due Status: assessor meaning to call the assessor for status of payoffs. Some foreclosure sites will list the property this way.

As far as "status" I have never seen an assessor status as a listing status. That doesn't mean it does not exist, but in all my years I have never seen this. I would be interested in knowing more.

If you like more help just ask!

Hope we all were able to help you in some way. Re-look at the listing and get to us.

Larry Sarlo
Weichert Realtors
609-868-1171
lsarlo@comcast.net http://www.searchnjforeclosures.com
Hello Odessa!
Without knowing the exact address, I can only assume that it is now bank owned and back on the market owned by the bank. If you give me the address of the house you are speaking about, I can look it up and get a better answer for you. My name is Roberta Sieber and I work with Weichert, Realtors. You can reach me on my cell at 609 440-2515 or email me at siebone@aol.com. Look forward to talking with you.
Odessa,
I haven't come across that yet... perhaps there is a tax lien on the property. Can you tell me the address and I'll check some other sources?

Joe