Home Buying in Gulf Shores>Question Details

cbs, Home Buyer in Gulf Shores, AL

What does it mean when a lot is described as " Government Sub"?

Asked by cbs, Gulf Shores, AL Tue Apr 30, 2013

This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3106983992--Highway-180-Gulf-…

Help the community by answering this question:


There are 4 Government Subs in Baldwin County. Typically this was land owned by 1 or more departments of the federal government. The land was subdivided and the subdivision process requires a legal name to be recorded. Rather that create unique names that an individual would, the federal government just calls it "Government Subdivision ....", their will usually be a range and township number after that to differentiate the different Government Subdivisions. The ones in our area are down Fort Morgan Road. Some of the subdivisions have been sold to private individuals, some are still retained by Fish and Wildlife Services or the General Services Administration (GSA).
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed May 1, 2013
Thank you!
Flag Thu May 2, 2013
That' the name given when the land was subdivided into lots - Government Subdivision. No different than Craft Farms or The Peninsula...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed May 1, 2013
Thank you.
Flag Wed May 1, 2013
I would call the agent or office listed on the property you are asking about to ask.
Best of luck

Aaron Sims
Web Reference: http://jaaronsims.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 30, 2013
"Government" is actually the name of the subdivision.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 30, 2013
Thank you. :)
Flag Tue Apr 30, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer