Home Buying in Jersey City>Question Details

dior732, Both Buyer and Seller in Jersey City, NJ

What does a certificate of occupancy in jersey city, nj looks like?I have several papers and dont know which one it is. Does anyone have a copy??

Asked by dior732, Jersey City, NJ Mon Feb 18, 2013

Answers

2
Hi Dior,

Are you sure you have a Certificate of Occupancy as Jersey City only requires them for specific reasons (i.e. new construction, if you purchase the building from the city, if the owner requests, or if there is a change of use, etc.). They do, however, always require a Smoke Certificate which might be confusing you. As I have no idea what your situation I am taking a stab of what might have happened so I will apologize in advance if I have any way insulted you.

If I can be of any assistance to you or family or friends in any of your real estate needs please contact me at 973.868.4034 or emilveltre@aol.com

I hope this helps!

Emil

Emil Veltre
973.868.4034
emilveltre@aol.com
What ever office issued it should have a copy. I have never seen one from NJ but the ones I have seen all say Cert of Occupancy and have signatures on it. Contact the building dept and ask if they have a copy.