sweeeet88, Home Buyer in Roseland, NJ

What does MLS listing (T) mean?

Asked by sweeeet88, Roseland, NJ Mon Sep 17, 2012

A house was on the market and supposedly they took it off the market. Just curious what the T means.

Answers

5
Mary Petti-ABR,SFR, Relocation’s answer
Sweeeeet88

in NEW JERSEY (not Florida)...T means temporarily off the market.

W usually means withdrawn (or terminated as the Florida agent chimed in)

A status of T can mean they are painting, removating, going on vacation, a fmaily emergency etc where the sellers does not want to show the home for a given period of time. Sometimes it can mean that they changed their minds completely, and are just waiting for the listing to expire, so they just suspend showings till then.
When a property is marked with a T it means that it is temporarily off the market, it is not being shown temporarily.
T indicates a "temporary withdrawal" When a seller needs to take it off the market for a brief period of time, but intends to put it back on the market for sale.
Doreen Chila
Weichert Realtors
917-747-9359 Cell
Sweeeet88!

Yes, at least in New Jersey....T stands for Temporarily Withdrawn. Most of the time these homes are put back on the market at some point. There are many reasons for these steps to have been taken..sickness, repairs, any number of delays.

If you have any questions concerning a property, please don't hesitate to reach out to me and we'll find out what we can on that property.

Tom McCauley
Keller Williams MID TOWN DIRECT REALTY
973-508-9716
Whereas in New Jersey and the Garden State Multiple Listing Service, T means Temporarily Withdrawn. The listing will, most likely, be back on market for sale within a brief period of time. There is generally a reason for this and the listing agent would know why. This should answer your question.
Have a great day!
Jonathan
jonathancitron@kw.com
973 727 7095
Thank you - that is what I was told and I just wanted to make sure that was true. I put in an offer on a home and the next day I was told they temporarily took it off the market. Ugghh Thanks. I will just pray it comes back on. Thanks again
Flag Mon Sep 17, 2012