Home Buying in South Beach>Question Details

Ernie Siu, Home Buyer in Alamo, CA

What do you think of the cost of $895 per sq. ft for a new condominum with a courtyard view on the 12 th

Asked by Ernie Siu, Alamo, CA Wed Jan 16, 2008

floor at Infinity?
Is Infinity considered a luxuary development?

Answers

2
Melanie Narducci’s answer
Hi Ernie,
The Infinity is considered a luxury development, and yes, it's a bit pricey. But I think that there are better deals on the market now with good views City views and even a bridge view. Feel free to contact me if you'd like me to email you a few options. Happy hunting!
Hi Ernie,

The Infinity has been marketed as a luxury condominium development. In fact one of the attractions of this development, as you may know is the plan to have an upscale restaurant in the building. Check out this article about upscale developments courting famous chefs to open restaurants in their buildings.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/12/19/…

That all being said, I think the key to feeling good about the final price you might pay for a unit at the Infinity is understanding what the other comparable units have sold for in the past few months. Obviously, the construction continues so to some extent the pricing is based on how well the sales have been going for the building. The last report that I read was that the first building was 82% sold.

The amentities also give you a sense of what type of building the developers plan for it to be:

The amenities at the Infinity include a state-of-the-art 5,000-square-foot health club; 75-foot lap pool; private treatment room and sauna; spacious club lounge; business center; a distinctive private screening room, 3,500 square feet of additional retail, an on-site concierge, a 24-hour attended lobby, deeded and gated parking.

I hope that helps. I have some clients who already have purchased a unit and are quite impressed with what they've seen to date. They have a tour of their unit set for sometime in March.

-- Kevin