Home Buying in West Town>Question Details

Dog Mom, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

What do you think of the condos in West town? My daughter found one that is around 1020 Mozart? Is this safe?

Asked by Dog Mom, Chicago, IL Tue Aug 18, 2009

and will they hold their value? Dog mom

Answers

5
In the city, every block differs from the next. I would suggest going on this website: http://chicago.everyblock.com. This site provides any reported activity in the area such as crime.

If you need any further information regarding value and sales, I would be happy to help. Feel free to contact me at any time.

Good luck in your search, or in this case, your daughters search.

Cherrie Catama
Newman Realty
cherrie@newmanrealtyillinois.com
773.490.3437 Phone
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 19, 2009
Great location for Young modern people ! you dauther has a great taste !
A terrific source for finding out what a neighborhood is like is .Everyblock.com. Go to the site, type in the address and everything that's happening in the area from new building permits to crime will be reported. Try first typing in your current address or an area you're familiar with, it helps when comparing neighborhoods.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 17, 2012
I live in West Town / East Ukranium Village and I feel it is very safe. The property you have listed is in Humbolt Park which was starting to turn before the bubble. West Town by definition (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Town,_Chicago) includes some of the most diverse areas in city like Ukranium village, Buck Town and Wicker Park. Definitely expand your search in the areas to South and East the Mozart property.
I would not buy in that area right now, I don't think it's very safe west of Western at 1000 North, just my opinion.