Home Buying in Milpitas>Question Details

Peter C, Home Buyer in San Jose, CA

What do you think about the new townhome/condo community "Harmony" at Milpitas? Is it a good investment?

Asked by Peter C, San Jose, CA Tue Mar 12, 2013

They don't have model home yet, but the location looks good... close to great mall and bunch of big companies. The schools' API are also quite decent. How do you think about it's potential of growth in value?

Their price of townhouse is now around low 600k for about 1940 sqft, the price per square footage is much lower than another nearby new construction "Coyote Creek" next to Cisco. Could I say Harmony is a better deal?

In today's real estate market, inventory is very low. Sellers, including builders have the advantage over buyers.

To get new construction, with that square footage, and decent schools, at that price, I would agree with you. Understand this, builders will toss out a price but once it is converted to a contract that price can go up. There is no guaranty that they will sell it to you at the hold price.

There are so many considerations in purchasing new construction. The builder is going to pass on closing cost to you and their contract will remove certain contingencies.

If you have already registered with the community sales office you may be locked into using their agents and have a dual agency. If you have not registered you may want to consider having your own agent represent you.
Web Reference: http://www.terrivellios.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 12, 2013
I looked at both communities, and to me, it seemed like Coyote Creek had a much better location than Harmony. I was a bit concerned at how close Harmony was to major streets, as well as the train track. Have you also looked at Pepper Lane in Berryessa?
Yeah, I agree with you that Coyote Creek could be overall less noisy then those rows of condo at Harmony along the Montague. The rail track looks very close, but I've never seen any train on it when I drove on the Montague... so I am not quite sure about its usage. For Coyote Creek I think the things bother me is their price, and I am concerned about the smell problem because I have been to the Milpitas plaza nearby and the smell is bad over that area. The pepper lane looks not bad to me. The HOA is very low. But the school API is not as good though.
Flag Wed Mar 13, 2013