michaeloneil…, Home Buyer in Webster Groves, MO

What do the agents think about the market today? I notice alot of the higher priced homes are not moving at all.

Asked by michaeloneill77, Webster Groves, MO Fri Jun 1, 2012

Answers

5
Homes that are priced appropriately are selling at a fairly good pace at the moment. But pricing correctly from Day 1 is key!
The market is pretty good right now and homes are selling left and right. Are you looking to purchase? Call me 314-704-5424
Homes are flying off the market, the market has dropped and some sellers are over priced for the new market, so its not a matter of higher homes not selling its more that they are not priced correctly.
I think higher priced homes are going to be bought by folks who already own a home. The problem is they are still wary of putting their home on the market so they can buy the step up home that they want. Once the market really starts moving as it is beginning to do we will see second and third time buyers step out and take the plunge.
The market in St. Louis is really not that bad!!
Pam Anderson 314-614-3767
Prudential Select Properties
It looks like it is getting better. I still think alot of people in WG are on something! They ask for way too much for a hundred year home and then you will still need to drop another 50-100k in upgrades. I would think most people that have million plus would rather build a brand new home than buy a 100 year old home.
Flag Sat Jun 16, 2012
The housing market in the St Louis area is doing well at the moment. A balanced market is 6 months worth of homes on the market. At the moment we are back to 6-7 months worth, depending on what section of the Metro St Louis area you live in. Interest rates are extremely low and buyers are tired of waiting. In my office, we're back to seeing homes that are priced correctly for their features and condition selling in a week to a month, sometimes with multiple offers.

I would suggest that you read today's article in the St Louis Post Dispatch about the housing market in St Louis http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/are-st-louis-home-pri…

Over a third of the homes being sold at the moment are under $200,000 and half are under $250,000. That doesn't mean that more expensive homes aren't selling, it means that the first time buyers have to buy first so the next tier of buyers can move up, which allows the tier of homeowners above them to move up in many cases. It is also indicative of the buyers at the top being more particular about the homes that they are buying.