Michael  Flo…, Real Estate Pro in Austin, TX

What do I need to know when helping 1st time home buyers that are using a VA loan?

Asked by Michael Floyd, Austin, TX Wed Mar 20, 2013

Answers

7
Oops! forgot to scroll over your picture to see that you are an agent - sorry! Serve your client well - they have made the ultimate sacrifice by serving our country! Get all of the information you can from the VA regarding what the homes need to have. Keep them in their financial range.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 20, 2013
Definitely a lender who knows all about VA loans! I have a great one to recommend. Email me or call: larapavanelli.realtor@gmail.com 512-909-5807 Warm regards.
First and foremost, having a VA loan specialist working with your client. Chad Bowman here in Austin is the best around town!

http://www.chadbowman.com
As Betina said, get a VA mortgage expert. Youll use him/her again so choose a relationship.

That person will answer all your questions actually.

Buyers? Establish their primary motivation (why) they are buying a home and then find the home that fulfills that reason within their budget.

No real motivation uncovered? No real direction or purpose while youre in the field.

Establish it. Fulfill it.
Here is a tip. Make sure that you have a lender that knows the intricacies of VA loans. VA is totally different than FHA or Conventional loans. Good luck!
Why thank you Betina.
Flag Wed Mar 20, 2013
There is an a LOT of information you need to know! I would be happy to help if you like and can send you quite a bit of the information if you are not already working with someone via email or we can talk on the phone. Both of my children are in the military as of today and for some time to come I know they are already serving, but I too love to help when I can. Let me know! Marsha 512-797-3903 or marshaross@gmail.com - you deserve the best service for the services you have done for this country. Either way - Thank you so much for serving! Good luck!
Talk to the lender about 'non-allowables'

Some fees the veteran cannot pay. So the seller pays them. This will figure into your offer/negotiations.
The listing agent or your broker can help you with these too.

Tom Burris
Mortgage Banker
http://www.servicefirstmckinney.com/
(214) 763-4629 cell/text/nights/weekends(Really!!)
tburris@servicefirstmtg.com
Lending all across the entire Great State of Texas!!
NMLS# 335055
Search Dallas area MLS for FREE. No registration => http://www.ntreisinnovia.net/cgi-ntr/BR_login?0501134