Home Buying in Alpharetta>Question Details

Peter, Home Buyer in Alpharetta, GA

What do I have to shop around for to be ready for closing?

Asked by Peter, Alpharetta, GA Fri Jun 7, 2013

I'm passed loan approval, appraisal, inspection. Besides Home Insurance, what other stuff do I need to choose for closing?

Consider title insurance, a property survey and make sure to contact the utilities to coordinate the switch of names on the accounts. You may also want to start getting contractors lined up for any work you want to have done after closing.

Best wishes with your new home. Jeff

Jeff Aughey
RE/MAX Prestige
770.329.4495 cell
678.264.2269 fax
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 7, 2013
who's working for your best interest??? it sounds like no one. Think of having a professional on your side like an insurance policy and a personal advisor all in one.

if you were to need surgery in the future (hopefully not), would you prepare to perform the surgery on yourself by posting a question on WebMD???

good luck

Hi Peter,
If you are under contract and have a loan in process, then you really need to be asking all of these questions of your Buyer's Agent and/or Loan Officer.

Getting answers from strangers who don't know the specifics of your individual situation can be VERY dangerous for you in making the wrong move.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia with over a decade of mortgage lending experience.

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203K Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | HomeStyle® Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing.
I don't think so! You are not our client - why would any agent/broker help you with your transaction or advise you on how to get through closing for free?

Ask your agent - if you even have an agent...
Money... I have no idea what you mean by "stuff"
Why isn't your Realtor, or at least, your Escrow company, telling you this.
That's why you have them!