Home Buying in Venice>Question Details

Apewired, Home Buyer in Staten Island, NY

What development in Venice would be best suited for families with kids I see so many they all look nice but are some more geared for retirees?

Asked by Apewired, Staten Island, NY Sun Jan 20, 2013

Answers

5
Christian Panin’s answer
Many developments here are geared more for couples that have already raised their kids and sent them on their way! I live in Venice and have a son 10 and a daughter 12. If you want to be in a community that is predominantly geared for children I would definitely consider Stoneybrook or a brand new community opening across the street from it called Grand Palm. They are both also well located to Garden Elementary and Venice Middle School. As well as the YMCA, which is great! These communities are also about 7 miles from Venice Island. Happy to help!
Thanks for info much appreciated its what I been hearing from most people and realtors thanks again
Flag Fri Feb 8, 2013
I guess the real question is whether you are looking for a single family home or a condo and whether it is for a year round home or seasonal. Some condo developments are restricted to persons over 55yrs of age. Fewer SFH developments have such restrictions.

This report on our website is for single family homes in Venice. They are situated on a map so you can view the communities and with one click go to a street view. This should help you see the surrounding area and determine if it is family friendly.

http://www.suncoasteam.com/articles/140.html

You can easily change criteria to view condos.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Jim

James Mulligan, Broker / Owner
Suncoasteam Realty, LLC
Po Box 380503
Murdock, FL 33938
941-235-7474 Office

Office Location:
4055 Tamiami Trail
Port Charlotte, FL 33952
Web Reference: http://www.suncoasteam.com
Many of the developments in Venice have children. A recommendation to you would depend on your price range and how high you want to go for homeowner association fees. Stoneybrook in Venice has the most amenities for kids. I would be happy to send you some listings if you could send me your search criteria. Or you can search my web site at tammyhayesre.mfr.mlxchange.com. Our company web site provides a list of communities in Venice with photos and complete descriptions as well as the homes listed in those communities at http://www.greenlionrealty.com. If I can answer any other questions or help in any way, please contact me.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Green Lion Realty
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
941-276-6185
Hello, and happy Sunday for you.

There are many wonderful neighborhoods in Venice - suitable for all ages. It depends on your budget and your wish list.

For example, Venice Gardens is a wonderful neighborhood with many homes that are walking distance to school and the YMCA, and a charming little downtown area all their own - with a cafe, and small grocery store, and a pizza parlor. There is also a community pool and clubhouse in Venice Gardens. Smaller homes start under $100,000 and go up to around the $300,000 mark if they are larger and offer a private pool. And no HOA rules or fees.

South Venice has no HOA rules or fees, and they offer a community beach ferry and boat ramp. Again, houses can start under $100,000 and go over $300,000 for waterfront along Alligator Creek, with Gulf access.

Chestnut Creek and East Village have many opportunities for larger homes with lower fees - no clubhouse or community pool, but a great location, close to schools.

The quaint newer construction neighborhood of The Enclaves offers low fees with a community pool, less than 4 miles to the beach.

Stoneybrook is great for affordable new construction - you will find many amenities geared towards active people of all ages. Pools, yes, plus tennis, basketball, baseball, in-line skating and a small "water park" for the little ones.

If your budget can stretch over $300,000, Venice Palms and Valencia Lakes enjoys easy school bus access at Venice Avenue, WALK to Dairy Queen (yay!), and, again, less than 4 miles to the beach.

I live and work in Venice and this is only a small taste of what we have to offer. If you send me your wishlist and budget, I'll be happy to email you some properties to consider.
Hi and thanks for info we are looking to buy 2 homes one for my wife me and 2 boys so prob 3 bds 2000 sq ft budget 325k and one for my mom 2 bd 175k at most within 10 min drive of each other if you can send listings I will ck out thanks
Flag Mon Jan 21, 2013
Stoneybrook at Venice is a fantastic neighborhood for kids. They have basketball court, volleyball, inline skating rink, baseball field, pool, movie room, tennis and more. Close to schools and shopping.

Candace Selby
Exit King Realty
800-394-8832