Home Buying in Bay Terraces>Question Details

Kim J, Home Buyer in Bay Terraces, San Di...

What could we expect to pay for a three-bedroom, two-bath, two-car garage house in excellent condition, good schools, in San Diego or nearby?

Asked by Kim J, Bay Terraces, San Diego, CA Tue Jul 20, 2010

We are seriously contemplating a move from Florida to the San Diego area and are trying to figure out how far our money would go when purchasing a home. The age of the home is of no concern as long as it is in excellent condition. We also want to take into consideration assessments, association fees, etc. if any. Good schools, low crime rates, and low pollution are important.

Answers

4
I would venture to say $350K at the low end and up from there (in La Jolla you could pay $3M for example depending on the location and view). Our median price has gone back up a little and is right around $380K. I would find out where you would be working and look at the commute. Then, assuming you may have sticker shock coming from Florida, you could narrow in on affordable communities in the $350-500K range. San Diego is a geographically a large area and prices vary dramatically neighborhood to neighborhood. But now is a good time to move here. San Diego is "on sale"!!!

Good Luck,

Vikki Kuick
Web Reference: http://LandKRealty.com
Chula Vista (Eastlake) $300,000-$400,000

Carmel Valley $600,000-$1.2M

MY TEAM HAS OVER 100 PRE-LISTED FORECLOSURES AND WE ARE THE LISTING AGENT! - Please Email Me If you Are Looking For A Foreclosure In San Diego. Over 30 of them are FHA/VA Approved and Fully Renovated!

Hope this helps!

Patrick A. Hale, CDPE, RSD
Short Sale & REO Listing Agent
Associate Broker

"The Best Way To Predict Your Future Is To Create It"
Toll Free: (866) 538-6057 I San Diego: (619) 309-7883
Mobile/Text: (858) 539-6803 I DRE License # 01777558
Office: 4370 La Jolla Village Drive, Suite 400
San Diego, CA 92122

SHORT SALE EXPERTS WITH A MISSION TO:
"Help Over 360 Distressed Home Owners Avoid Foreclosure"
If You or Someone You Know is in Financial Distress Visit: http://www.SDRealEstate360.com
Hi Kim:
where will you be working? Look into North county cities like San Marcos, Oceanside, Carlsbad.
When I was in the military, I was stationed in both Florida and San Diego. They are both nice places to live. I have attached a great link for you to investigate and find a REALTOR.