Home Buying in Burgaw>Question Details

Sherrie, Home Buyer in Burgaw, NC

What costs would I have when purchasing a home in N. Carolina for cash. I am a New Yorker.

Asked by Sherrie, Burgaw, NC Thu Jul 21, 2011

Answers

3
You can call me to discuss: 704-858-2345 or 1-888-628-3965 .

Many of my clients are from New York. The costs in NC are minimal compared to NY. You pay a recording fee at the Courthouse to record the deed, $100-$200 depending on county and purchase price. You probably want a Title Search and Title Insurance, and Attorney fee-- total about $800? Generally the agents fees are included in the Seller's price, so the Buyer doesn't generally pay for that. Then, depends on time of year if the taxes have been paid or not paid, but the seller is responsible for the part of the year that they owned it-- but taxes are WAY WAY WAY cheaper here-- based on City/County-- but nowhere near NY.

__________________________
Please give me a BEST ANSWER or THUMBS UP if this answered your question.
__________________________
You would have your attorney's fees including the title search, title insurance, recording fees, and then pro rated state and city/county taxes and if applicable HOA fees. Sally is correct in advising you to consult with a Realtor(r) to learn the process and costs.
Depends on a number of factors including final sales price, location, etc. As a cash buyer, you'll have to pay for title insurance, recording fees and other closing fees.

You really need to sit down with a Realtor to work with you as a Buyer's Agent. He/she will be able to review your purchase requirements and give you an idea of what to expect for closing costs.