Home Buying in New Jersey>Question Details

Communityhun…, Home Buyer in New Jersey

What communities would you recommend in Central/Northern New Jersey for someone looking to relocate there?

Asked by Communityhuntingnj, New Jersey Wed Jun 22, 2011

Although home ownership is not an option at this point, we are looking for a community that is young, vibrant and dynamic with good prospects looking forward!

Answers

7
Hi there, suggest you consider:
Morris County: Chatham, Madison
Union County: Westfield, Scotch Plains, Summit, Berkeley Heights, New Providence
Somerset County: Basking Ridge, Bedminster, Warren

Welcome!!!

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
I am not going to just recommend the area I work in.... there are way to many variables to consider to answer that question.
I would need to know more about you and your family to honestly find the best fit for you. Email me jmax123@aol.com

Jane
http://www.realterrific.com
Hi-
There are MANY desirable towns in Morris County such as: Mt. Lakes, Chatham, Madison,Denville, Boonton Twsp. Montville,Kinnelon to name a few.
All offer easy rail,bus commuting and very good schools,shopping and good rerstaurants.
Price ranges vary so if you would like some info or listings in these areas let me know.
I would be happy to help now or in the future.
Regards,Carolle
973-960-8002 cell
cadonof@aol.com
Like I said.....

By the way, Community Hunter made it clear that "home ownership is not an option at this point".

However, price point is a very important consideration obviously. Rental prices are pretty outrageous in this area, especially the communities that are considered more desirable (for example, close to the city).
Life's Better at the Beach!
Check out the towns in Monmouth County. Depending on your pricepoint, you will find a variety from 300K to 11MM!
But, you are buying the lifestyle!
Web Reference: http://www.dianeglander.com
Dear Community Hunter,

I am a Buyers Agent in the North Jersey area. The recommendations that I would make in this area are Wayne, Pompton Plains, Montville, Kinnelon. All have very good schools if that is a criteria and they are all located very close to Manhattan and have most of the major highways and a vast amount of public transportation available to you.

I will be more than happy to help you when you are ready to relocate. Feel free to call me at 201-259-5205 if you have any other questions or would like some additional information.
I have to warn you: agents are usually partial to the areas they work in. This is probably not the best place to get an impartial answer.

The first thing is where do you work? How far are willing to commute (commute is usually measured in time, not distance during rush hour).

Do you want to be near NYC? You will pay for the privilege but there are many towns to choose from that would probably be attractive to you.

If commute time is an issue, draw an acceptable radius around your job locations and go from there. There is a lot of information on line regarding town information, including rental prices. Websites such as this one and Zillow can give you historical pricing trends to see if it a good place to invest in someday.

If it is at all feasible (not sure where you are currently located) drive around various towns and get a feel for them.
Really, doing your own research would give you the best answer for what is a personal decision.

Best of luck!