Home Buying in San Francisco>Question Details

Jason Walter, Real Estate Pro in Sacramento, CA

What closing gifts do you give your buyers and sellers?

Asked by Jason Walter, Sacramento, CA Thu Jan 9, 2014

Answers

6
I have been purchasing a home warranty as a closing gift and it's been very appreciated. I like the wine idea, but not all of my clients drink.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 16, 2014
The best closing gift is a nice bottle of "Dom Perignon" or good red wine to my clients. Sometimes I will add a "Home Warranty Protection Plan" for my buyer, bonsai or lucky bamboo will also works.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 14, 2014
I just answered a similar question. If they like to drink a vintage bottle of fine Red always works. Or if you really liked them a good bottle of single malt scotch or an award winning bottle of "Writers Tears" Irish Whisky will blow them away. If they're not drinkers I usually give them tix to a Padre or Charger game depending on the time of year. Or a gift certificate to a fine restaurant will always work.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 11, 2014
So many options! I always try to make it personal.

I had some clients who wanted to grow their own garden so I got them a gift basket filled with gardening tools, seeds, and other things of that sort and a baby apple tree for a head start. Otherwise, they would be waiting awfully long for their first apple!

Another client always had to have his morning coffee, so I got them a nice coffee maker for their new kitchen.

If you can't come up with any ideas, gift cards to HomeDepot, Lowes, Target, Crate&Barrel etc work great. Otherwise, you can never go wrong with a thank you/congratulations dinner. Sometimes, your clients will treat as a thank you to YOU for all your hard work. =)

I think the more personal the gift is, the more appreciative and meaningful it will be!
Pinterest has always helped me with creative ideas.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 9, 2014
There are so many ways to go, but, I've tried a few of the various things that one may typically give, e.g., Basket, Tickets, Appliances, Computer! (nowadays a tablet would probably be a really well received gift, ENGRAVED with your info, je, je...). But the one I think was the best received was a sincere thank you with a family gathering at a restaurant (or even sponsoring the housewarming party) -- all of which I have done, and the last one(s) were the best because it cements the relationship -- not just business!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 9, 2014
Custom architectural drawings offer a touch of class and rewards for broker and client for years to come. I recently partnered with some real estate friends to produce custom closing gifts and the response has been extraordinary.
Take a look:
http://tinyportraits.me/

also:
http://monteritz.com/