Home Buying in USA>Question Details

Voices Member,  in

What city is the best for rental property investment? And why?

Asked by Voices Member, Fri Jul 15, 2011

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in USA

Answers

4
once this economic situation is over,"

What factors are required to end this poor economic situation?

Home values could fall another 80% before a bottom is put in.
The West Georgia area is great for rentals. Due to the high foreclosure rate Georgia has experienced, there are a lot of people that can not buy right now. Rentals or owner financing are both great options for this area.
I like Foley. Very close to the gulf, but insurance is lower than in Gulf Shores. They were building a lot of properties there during the boom, so there are some good deals to be had on foreclosures. However, once this economic situation is over, because of how close it is to the gulf, the values should rise in this area sharper than in many other areas. I've had investors do very well here in the $48,000-$100,000 range, buying 3/2 brick homes.
Keeping in mind that location plays always a huge part in real estate, where, why and what to buy depends mostly on what you are trying to accomplish. My suggestion is that you seat down with a Realtor, discuss your goals first; second find the area and property that will best help you to reach your goals. With interest rates being so low, it is a great time to buy rental properties.
Web Reference: http://DanielaMarshall.com