Home Buying in 19063>Question Details

Irina, Home Buyer in 19063

What ceftificates do I need to get when buying a house? Thanks

Asked by Irina, 19063 Mon Jul 20, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:


None... you purchase the home paying for inspections, pay half of the transfer tax, title costs, etc. No certificates.

Some municipalities require a certificate of occupancy, but this is typically the seller's responsibility to get.

Hope that helps,

Terrence Charest, e-Pro®
Century 21 Associates
905 Easton Road
Willow Grove, PA 19090
Cell (Preferred): 877.614.1494
Office: 215.659.5250
Fax: 215.659.5550

“Giving to Those Who Gave”
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 20, 2009
Hello Irina,

Great question, usually the certificates that are needed when buying a house are certificates of use and occupancy compliance (where required) and then certificates for tax and sewer (where applicable) payments. The tax and sewer are usually taken care of by the title company who wants to "certify" that all outstanding bills are paid before insuring the title. The use and occupancy certificate is given when the home passes a basic inspection by a municipal inspector. Many municipalities in the Greater Philadelphia area require these inspections and if you would like more information I would direct you to click on "Municipal Information at the site below. Best of luck!



Kevin P. Comerford
Real Estate Agent and REALTOR
Residential and Commercial Properties
Coldwell Banker Preferred
610 E. Baltimore Pike
Media, PA 19063
Office - 610-566-1100
Office Direct - 484-468-1053
Mobile - 610-513-3478
Fax - 484-229-1290
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 27, 2009
Hi Irina:
To answer your question, if you are a first time buyer eligible for the Delaware Valley Homeowernship First program with Media Fellowship- $5,000 grant money, then you would need a Certificate approved to purchase. Remember, if you qualify, I haved worked with numerous 1st time and move-up buyers. There is also a lower interest rate. Call me for details, Office 484-468-1310,
Thanks Mark Barone
Keller Williams RE
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 20, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer