Alex, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

What can you tell me about the Harvest Run Park area (Near Josey & Hebron in Carollton, 75010?

Asked by Alex, Dallas, TX Thu May 22, 2008

What about any other areas around there? I'm looking for a safe and quiet neighborhood and a home around $100,000-130,000 (and I know you can't predict the future but) with possible resale value (even if we have a fixer-upper on our hands) in 5-7 years.

Answers

8
If you're still looking for a Realtor, (this post is from 2008) I would love to help you. I am in Carrollton, My office is on Hebron
Just pick any 1 Realtor to help you with your house hunting.
My experience with the Carrollton area is one of relaxed, and community oriented. I was just in the area three days ago and the feel is very similar. If you are looking in the price range of 100 K to 150 K, try this link and tell me what you think. If you are interested in the HUD homes, let me know .

Kathy Hines / Broker As.
Keller Williams
Hi Alex,

This is a very nice area. I have very close family who've lived in The Highlands near there for decades and they love it. There's also the Artist pocket over there that no one (residents) seems to know about - streets are Rembrandt, Renoir, etc. It's tucked away, very quiet and safe.

Where did you get that price range? Have you already talked to a loan officer? If not, I'd be happy to make a recommendation. The reason I'm asking is because $10-20k could make a big difference in what you're able to find in this area and would affect your payment by about $70 - $140 per month. We found a wonderful home in Carrollton for some of our clients that they absolutely love and are closing on next week.

Currently, there's a townhome available there in your price range. We'd love to help you find your dream home.

Happy to help,
Terri Hayley
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 24, 2008
Alex,

Nice area. I've been helping a couple of other clients in the area and have not seen anything for $100,000 that in my opinion was worth buying. I have seen a couple go in the $115,000 range or so. They go extremely fast. One had 14 bids on it. Going up to $130,000 range should open things up a bit. We can help you beat other buyers to hot new listings. Feel free to send me an email and we can set you up on our search list. My contact is rb@teamlynn.com
Web Reference: http://www.teamlynn.com
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Hey Alex you my want to look at the information on this web site http://www.zipskinny.com/index.php?zip=75010&pagetype=main it will give you an idea of the make up of the area.
Carrollton is a GREAT area with DART opening soon !... however completing an active search for zip code 75010 there are no homes currently on the market from $100K - $130K ... the homes in that zip code start from $149K and up

I am a Dallas real estate agent, and Dallas home mortgage loan officer love to assist you in locating a GREAT home, there are some foreclosures in this area, several other close

Contact my office
972-699-9111
Lynn
911@lynn911.com
http://www.lynn911.com
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com
I really like the area and have many friends who bought in the near vicinity. As you mentioned, it is hard to predict would could happen but, that could happen anywhere.
As far as Harvest Run Park, it is monitored by Carrollton's finest and should you have any problems, in my experience, they are fast to respond.
I am aware of a 3/2 1482sq ft for $124,900. call me 214 783 6416