Cindy, Home Seller in 33647

What can you tell me about taylormorrision? Has anyone ever bought from them without a realtor?

Asked by Cindy, 33647 Fri Oct 14, 2011

Answers

6
Dealing with Taylor Morrison homes is a nightmare! I have had nothing but trouble. Find another builder.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 27, 2012
can you expand we were thinking of buying TM home not built yet...
Flag Sun Jun 22, 2014
You'll save money if you use a Realtor familiar with new construction, to buy a new home. Realtors will have knowledge of the builder practices. Some builders will pay all closing costs, some will offer discounts or give free options. If you don't know what to ask for, you won't get it.
Do not buy a home without Reator Representation... including through a builder. Look at the builder as a seller .. you need a negotiator. You can probably save money by buying a resale. Tampa is a relocation city and new homes in many communities are on the market because of job transfer. Many are on the Tampa MLS system. It pays to explore the general real estate market. Call me and we can explore the new home market together.

Phyllis Crosby, Realtor
ReMax Realtec Group
Tampa Bay Florida

813-886-2356
phylliscrosby@tampabay.rr.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 23, 2011
Hi Cindy - I worked for builders for many years and can tell you that Taylor Morrison homes are good homes and the builder stands behind their work. But why would you buy a new home without a Realtor? As Alma pointed out in her post, builders won't lower their price because you don't have a Realtor. Paying a buyer's agent is a write-off for the builder and Realtors bring them most of their business. If you purchase without a Realtor, you are at a great disadvantage. All builders "package" their homes differently so it's very difficult to figure out the price as compared to other builders. You'd be better off using an experienced Realtor who can help you navigate the complicated process of building a home. Feel free to give me a call or visit my website below.

Margaret Hassani
Broker, Lightning Realty
(813) 419-2022
Web Reference: http://tampahouse1.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 22, 2011
Hi Cindy,

Taylor Morrison is a good builder. They are offering fantastic incentives to buyers right now.

If you decide to "go it alone" without a Realtor just make sure to do a lot of homework to protect your interests. The builder's representative may not adequately inform you of some of the pitfalls with many of the newer planned communities in New Tampa. Also there are many other good reasons to have a Realtor on your side of the transaction. Most builders will NOT negotiate a lower price because you do not have a Realtor. Builders don't want to upset Realtors in this market because they are having difficulty selling their properties as it is!

You may want to interview 3 realtors to find one that you are comfortable with and bring her to your builder on your first meeting so she can advocate on your behalf to get you the best possible price and also give you tips to ensure your process goes smoothly.

Alma
Alma Rose Kee, PA
Future Home Realty
813.244.9898
http://www.SoldOnTampa.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 15, 2011
If that is a builder then why not use a Realtor? It won't cost you anything and you will have someone on your side to help watch out for you. Often a builder will treat you better knowing they will get a lot of bad PR from the Realtor if they don't. I also would not give a builder any earnest or up-front money. Let your agent hold the money in their escrow account.