Home Buying in Baltimore>Question Details

Scott Living…, Home Buyer in Baltimore, MD

What can you tell me about Locust Point in Baltimore?

Asked by Scott Livingston, Baltimore, MD Tue Mar 29, 2011

I am new to the area and am considering purchasing a home (under $500K) in the Locust Point area. What can you tell me about Locust Point? With Under Armour being headquartered there, it seems like it would be a good investment...Anyone know any other little nuggets about Locust Point, either good or bad?

Answers

8
Here are the latest sales statistics in the area according to Realestate Business Intelligence (RBI).
http://173.203.29.47/get_report.php?action=pdf&loc_type=…

Don't get scared when you see the property value changes. All areas are still adjusting from the "bubble". This will give you an idea of the number of homes that have sold in the last month and the average price.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Dottie Cordwell, Broker
Advance Realty Professionals, Inc.
410-241-3310 cell
410-744-2100 office
A mix of the old and new - high-tech office, luxury urban high-rise living, new shopping and traditional Baltimore-style rowhouses. There is a wide variety of home styles that include Silo Point condo's, small 2 bd row houses and larger 3 storey homes. Locust Point is the home of historic Fort McHenry, Latrobe Park as well as the city’s first publically funded off-leash dog park, and well-known corporate neighbors UnderArmour, Domino Sugar and Phillips Seafood.
Since the mid-19th century the peninsula character has been reflected by the maritime trades of dry-docks, warehouses, churches and railroads that served an expanding world trade industry. pre-Civil War and predominant Victorian brick row houses with streets named after War of 1812 heroes give a sense of stability to the community and a sense of history. Following the War of 1812, Locust Point was annexed to the City of Baltimore in 1816, prospering into a unique blend of neighborly maritime residential-business culture that reflects its uniqueness. The earliest known structures are those circa 1840-1850 two-story houses on Cuba, Clement and Towson Streets. Following the Civil War, as brick, guano, iron, rail and shipping industries moved in, residential workhouses for employees began to fill out the neighborhood.
The community website is at http://www.Mylocustpoint.com.
Hi Scott: Locust Point has many wonderful attributes. Here are just a few: Locust Point Dog Park, the Raven's stadium is approx 3 miles away, Orioles stadium is approx. 2 miles away, 1st Mariner Area for soccer and concerts is 4 miles away, Pier 6 for concerts and live venues is 3 miles away, several nearby 24 hr gyms, close to Federal Hill and Canton, great wine and food at the Wine Market along with other great bars and restaurants. You have your choice of new construction homes, rehab homes and homes that need TLC. Please email or call me so I may assist you in finding the home that suits your lifestyle. Welcome to Baltimore! Sandy Kolar (443) 956-2334. sandykolar@kw.com - Broker: Keller Williams Excellence
Hi Scott! Welcome to Baltimore! Locust Point is a very popular area, yes a lot of that due to Under Armour's headquarters spring-boarding the development. Many people enjoy living there and in close-by Federal Hill because of the many amenities the neighborhoods have to offer.
If you would like more information, please let me know.
Thank you!
Marney Kirk
Keller Williams Excellence Realty
Scott,

I am happy to hear you are interested in the Locust Point neighborhood. Locust Point has experienced considerable growth including residential developments as large as the Tide Point, The Harris Teeter Shopping and Business Center, and Under Armor's Corporate Headquarters expansion. This small community is tucked into a corner of Baltimore City shared by the historic Fort McHenry and Latrobe Park, and continues to be popular for City residents seeking a "walkable lifestyle neighborhood" and commuter convenience to both downtown and BWI/Ft Meade/DC job markets too. I would be happy to answer your questions and explore neighborhoods like Locust Point that are of interest to you. Feel free to call me at 410-715-2058(office) or email me at elliot.ward@longandfoster.com for more information on getting started in the right direction with your home purchase goals and research. Good luck!
Locust Point is a great area. Location is surrounded by great entertainment and activities. Being new to any area can be tough but this area is a great place to be able to meet people and be involved. Federal Hill, which is a surrounding area to Locust Point is also has a lot to offer. I too am available for any questions and can be reached at 443-798-8270. Happy house hunting.
Locust Point is a very quiet city neighborhood with lots of appeal. There is a lot of activity and development as a result of Under Armor's continued growth. There is a development of a new mixed use property that will have retail and apartments, it should be completed sometime this year.
I recommend spending some time in the area to become familiar with it first hand. Advise about it isn't going to put your mind at ease like adventuring there. If you need a tour guide I live close by. I can be reached at 410-303-7264.
Good luck in your search.