Home Buying in Denver>Question Details

Trulia Denver, Home Buyer in Denver, CO

What can an agent do that a home buyer cannot do for themselves?

Asked by Trulia Denver, Denver, CO Tue Feb 19, 2013

Answers

40
Abigail Bussard’s answer
Agreed - it's sad that some people have as much time on their hands as some people do who sit on these boards and post endlessly about real estate agents do. Most people work, have families, obligations, etc to attend to, and no time to sit anonymously on websites endlessly trying to convince people not to use real estate agents. The people on here that do that really must have been hurt by an agent at some point in the past to be so determined to rid the world of real estate agents.

At the end of the day, it's a convenience issue. Most people simply don't have time, and more importantly the desire, to spend 9 hours a day searching for, researching properties, and setting appointments with 20 different people for 20 different times. Also, you get the advantage of someone who does what you might do 5-10 times in your lifetime, 20-30 times a year as far as buying or selling a home goes. As much as people write blogs, try to "expose" how agents are compensated, and try endlessly to create a world in which real estate agents, insurance agents, etc are unemployed....it simply will never happen. Can everyone do their own taxes? Sure. Does everyone have the time, or want to take the time, to learn how to do it correctly? No.

The vast majority of people simply don't have the time or desire to devote to what they are not the expert at, as "easy" as you may think the process is. The bottom line is - you'll always have people who are going to sell/buy their own house, do their own taxes, fix their own brakes, and cut their own hair. The other 90% of people don't have the time, and would rather have a professional do it for them.
I usually only try to give advice here when there's truly someone who needs help, but in this case, I feel compelled to respond to the comments posted by "homebuyer123." Let me start with this: for anyone who is considering purchasing a home, yes, you're more than welcome to do what homebuyer123 has recommended, but please be ready for the big potential for unexpected consequences, like unknown repairs, potential legal issues, and other items that you may not find because you chose to not have the advice of a professional. These items could cost you money, and the only person to "go after" would be the Seller. When you have a professional, such as a Realtor, you have the protection of training and, in many cases, years of experience.

homebuyer123 says that anyone can get their license just by passing an exam. Unfortunately, this again shows her lack of knowledge of what it takes to get a real estate license. First off, the education is here: http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite?c=Page&childpagenam… (which I add up to be over 200 hours); and second, here are the requirements after education, including the exam, the FBI background check, and Errors and Omission Insurance: http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/DORA-DRE/CBON/DORA/1251…

There's something wrong with someone who can come on here, anonymously, and not only read all of our responses (to try to educate herself) and then deride us. I guess we're good enough to give her our information, free. What I find funny is that she's so sure of herself giving you advice, yet she decides to do so anonymously so you can't go back on her if she's wrong. At least we're all not afraid to give you advice, culled from years of experience, and sign our names to it.

Again, to all of you who are considering purchasing a home, please contact a Realtor to interview. If you choose to not hire one of us, no problem, but at least at this point, you'd have made a choice based on your own information gathering, not based on the advice of someone who has no experience in helping someone purchase a home. Best of luck!
I should probably add that we also, as Realtors, have a Code of Ethics to adhere to, which protects not only the public but also other Realtors and professionals.
Flag Fri Feb 22, 2013
To give you the perspective of another homebuyer, personally, I'd go with an agent.

I did start the process without an agent of my own, but there are things an agent can provide that you may not have the time or resources for yourself.

For example, when I settled on an agent (test out a few and don't settle until you're happy) he was able to provide me with listings that met my criteria the moment they were on the market. Moreover, he had the connections to provide me with listings before they went up on MLS. There were times that I was the first to view a hot property and it ultimately led to my purchase.

My agent provided me with background on listings, such as the number of past offers, the amount of those offers, counter offers and the type of offers (all cash, FHA, etc.). That information allowed me to make informed offers of my own.

I work six days a week, so my agent was great with running the contracts between my lawyer and the seller, picking up other paperwork, getting everything to the right parties and letting me know where the sellers were on meeting their obligations.

If a person can got through the process without an agent, then more power to them, but it doesn't cost you anything to have an agent on your side. My agent split the commision with the sellers agent. It didn't change my bottom line.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 26, 2013
Maybe this blogger should ask:
What can the tree trimmer do that I can't do for myself? Or... What can a home painter do that I can't do for myself? Or...what can a auto technician do that I can't do for myself? Or.... What can a hairstylist do that I can't do for myself? You get the picture. These and many other professionals do what they do because they have been trained and have years of experience to be the best in their field. True professionals are always trying to do better in their fields and deserve the respect for the field they have chosen to work. Years of experience and a lot on money invested in education is just the beginning. This blogger obviously does not see the value we bring. It's a free country and she has a right to her opinion, but the fact that she is concerned enough to write about the subject and rant makes you wonder what her real issue is doesn't it? That being said, good luck to her:)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 24, 2013
Agreed 100%. Plus, why is a "stay at home Mom" answering real estate questions on trulia.com?
Flag Tue Feb 26, 2013
Why does it sound like Homebuyer123 has a chip on her shoulder about Realtors. Maybe she had a bad experience. Sure anyone can get information about homes and they can run around the neighborhoods putting stuff in home owners mail boxes. Sure they can go to the county and pull neighborhood information. Sure they can go on sites like Trulia, Zillow and get information that they think is current and look at photos that were taken by Realtors. Sure they can fill out a contract and negotiate on price. Sure the can drive around neighborhoods looking for a home they might like with the price of gas around $4.00 a gallon. Sure they can pick up the phone and call an attorney to handle the closing but the last time I checked, they don't work for free either...... oh, did I forgot title work and disclosures sorry. They can even be sure that they do not discriminate. She obviously does not know the difference between a Buyers Agent and a Sellers Agent either. All of this is time consuming and this is only a small portion of what Realtors do. Most people would prefer to have a Realtor handle a real estate transacton because it is time consuming and people are very busy these days. Making deals happen is not as simple as she thinks, she can blog all she wants, she only males a fool out of herself. Realtors are professionals, we run our own businesses and we expect to get paid for our services as everyone else does for a job they do and their is nothing wrong with that. I really get tired of Realtor bashng. This web site is for Realtors to discuss the industry and if we can assist someone with a purchase or a sale of a home we have done our job.
I could probably baby sit but I'm not as good as she is at it.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 24, 2013
Trulia Denver,

Good question. There are many things and many ways to answer this.

1. A homebuyer has limited access to the latest available properties.
2. A Realtor is trained in writing contracts in a way that benefits the buyer.
3. A homebuyer is not skilled in negotiating an offer and working productively with a seller.
4. There is a process for purchasing a home and sellers and agents don't trust a novice to perform.
5. Most of the REO's, HUD offers, and Fannie Mae foreclosures require an agent in the mix so they know that someone is in the mix that knows the ropes and knows what they are doing.

There are many more. I may write a blog soon to cover more of the advantages of using a Realtor as a Buyer's Agent. There are countless reasons that a buyer should not go into this alone. It is a no-win situation.

Robert McGuire ASR
Realtor/Consultant
Your Castle Real Estate
Direct - 303-669-1246
http://about.me/robertmcguire33
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 22, 2013
Search the MLS with full details; request on line showings; show the property if access is restricted only to Agents; place an offer on Homepath, HUD, Homesteps, Hubzu and other websites where you need the assistance of a Professional to place an offer; make a Real Estate commission for being part of the transaction because we are licensed to do so.

The number of things that we as Agents can do, that Buyers cannot do for themselves is the reason Doctors, Attorneys and SAVVY house wives hire us to buy or sell a home ;)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 22, 2013
Isn't it a shame (and almost an embarrassment) to read all these answers from my fellow 'experts' when they don't bother to check who's asking the question...................tsk, tsk!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 19, 2013
I take exception to that Tim ~ I did check!
Flag Wed Feb 20, 2013
That'a a great question, and one that is very common for smart people to ask as they seek ways to save money in the process of buying a home. It's rational to think that buying a home is easy if you log in to realtor.com or another site to search for a home, value it using redfin and zillow and then draft an offer using a contract on DORA. There are a few flaws to this logic, however. For starters, the information on automated appraisal sites like zillow are far from accurate. Second, even if you were to spreadsheet out all the local comparable sales using an Excel spreadsheet, that doesn't tell the whole story. Raw price per square foot calculations do not take into account the fit and finish, layout, location and desirability of a unique property. Third, a local agent that is a true professional has been in and out of all the competition over the past 2-3 years (at least) and intimately knows the comps and can most accurately tell you what the fair market value of the home will be. While such results are not promised and not typical, I saved a client $200k on the purchase of a million dollar home; $50k on the purchase of a $500,000 home and on and on. I can point to many instances where my market knowledge and negotiating skills have saved a client more than the 2.8% the seller would pay me (which the unrepresented buyer is seeking to save). In addition, beyond the savings and knowing how much to offer, my negotiating skills honed as a licensed attorney in Colorado typically prove beneficial in negotiating the initial offer and throughout the inspection process. That brings me to another point, which is that there are many steps to purchasing a home, from title to inspection to the closing.... Even my most savvy clients and investors find it handy to have someone who handles these matters 100% of their work week acting on their behalf very helpful indeed, from having resources at hand, expertise with issues that pop up along the way and more.

I'm happy to meet you out for a beer or coffee to discuss this further, if you like. Buying a home - whether $50,000 or $2,000,000 is a big deal. It's important to do it well.

Thanks for reading :)

Rick Janson
Denver Lifestyleâ„¢ Real Estate
720.432.5595
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 19, 2013
For some great home buyer's tools, please feel free to visit http://www.denverrealestateoffice.com Thanks again!
Flag Tue Feb 19, 2013
Jimmie Hendrix summed it up, "ARE YOU EXPERIENCED?" 'nuff said.
Trulia,

Good answers below. This question tends to come up from time to time. Especially in the 'hot markets'. It seems so simple to the uninformed eye. But the truth is that there are intricasies to purchasing a home that have not even been explored here. The main thing is knowing the contracts and potential pitfalls that only an experienced agent would know. You could 'potentially' save a few thousand dollars on purchase price and then lose 10's of thousands on unexpected problems either unknown upfront, or intentionally held back from you by unsrcupulous agents, scammers, or other deep hoes that an inexperienced and uninformed buyer could fall into. To me it is a given that you need an experienced Realtor to succeed.

Robert McGuire ASR
Broker/Consultant
Your Castle Real Estate
Direct - 303-669-1246
http://about.me/robertmcguire33
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 9, 2013
I think the easiest and best answer is that a potential home buyer can spend countless hours doing research, gathering information, doing the legal research, not to mention the liability that could happen. having a professional will have all these answers ahead of time, not to mention the insurance aspect most agents are covered from $300k-5million so Should someone Die... because of CO2 poisioning you would be covered...

Thanks!
1. Answer questions like this one
2. Herd cats
3. Protect the buyer’s rights
4. Experience
5. Buffer/insulate
6. Protect the buyer from themselves
7. Deflect the opinions of armchair experts
8. Facts
9. Translate the real estate and mortgage mumbo jumbo
10. Etc.

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
I answer questions about financing real estate based on my decades of experience dealing with mortgage underwriters. This answer is my personal opinion, has not been reviewed or approved by the company I work for. I do not offer legal or tax advice, if you need answers from an attorney or CPA find one knowledgeable in your local market.
Web Reference: http://jamessimms.com/
Well for starters they provide you with professional representation for FREE as the seller pays their commission. If you were sued and would you try to go to trial all by yourself?
Home buyers can do most things, but we can't all be an expert in everything. Unless the home buyer is willing to study the real estate market for years and years before finally deciding to make a move, the experienced real estate agent will have a lot more wisdom to share about the market, the home they are interested in, the mortgage and closing process, etc. Again, we can all be experts in everything. Why not use a buyer's agent? Typically costs the buyer nada.
Negotiate with your best unbiased interest involved and help with their expertise
"This is a house of learn-ed men..."
Best line in movie step brothers
Exactly - I guess I'm not sure I understand what "homebuyer123's" agenda or argument is....

All she is pointing out is that you don't need a real estate agent to buy or sell a house. This isn't a big secret - everyone knows this. People have been buying and selling real estate without agents for decades.

People have also been fixing their own cars, doing their own taxes, and performing basic maintanence on their homes for decades. This hasn't, however, put auto mechanics, accountants, or contractors out of business and never will...

Again - it's a matter of convenience. So long as there are people that work full-time and don't have the time on their hands to devote to doing things themselves - real estate agents and other service professionals will stay employed. It's really as simple as that.

I think the purpose of her blog and comment is to "panic" real estate agents. She's trying to "expose" this big secret that you don't need an agent to purchase/sell real estate, and by "exposing" this secret - no one will use real estate agents anymore. What she doesn't understand is that most, if not all, people know they can do it themselves.

They just don't have the time or desire to.
Great answers everyone. As Realtors we know how hard we work, somtimes a 9-5 job sounds good but real estate has many adventures and we all know each deal is different. We have hurdles to cross with each one. To do this work you need a certain personality, one with desire, persistance and enthusiasm, not to mention be available mosts time of the day. The need to service our clients in a professional manner is what keeps us working hard and we do appreciate the rewards in return.....why because we are worth it!
The fact of the matter is that many, many more properties have been sold or exchanged without the services of a real estate professional than those that have. With this said however, times have changed greatly and society has become much more legal minded....watching television during the evening should serve as a reminder of what people are thinking about when things take a turn for the worse.

Simply stated, the services of an agent, should help you avoid fallout from possible litigation.
It's kind of like any job. Just about anyone can do just about any kind of job, with the proper training; they can do it well with the proper amount of experience, integrity, and dedication to improvement. The fact that anybody can be admitted to the licensing course and apply for a license doesn't diminish the ability of the actual licensee - it enhances it. Besides, after you have a license, then what? What do you know at that point that's useful to brokering a real estate transaction?

It is often said that you don't know what you don't know, and that certainly gets truer as the stakes get higher.
Access MLS directly and open electronic lock boxes... Oh, and provide you with their expertise -
I'm not going to address the hysteria from agents. I get where they are coming from. They have carefully crafted a system in which they must be used in order to close a majority of home sales. Kudos to them. My point, and it is not advice, is that you can definitely have a successful sale without an agent.

The reason I'm posting "anonymously" is that I am not a self promoter that is on this board for personal gain. You knowing that I am Sarah Perkins from Arvada or Mary Smith from Lakewood is totally irrelevant because I have nothing to gain from posting here except to share my experience with other home buyers.

Bottom line- can agents be helpful? Sure. Do you have to have them to find a home in your ideal neighborhood and make and close a deal? No. I'm going to post this blog once again because I just love it that much. Good day to all, I am off to care for my sweet babies. Feel free to continue your panicked refutations. It only strengthens my argument.
Ha Ha Julie, you flatter me. I'm actually a stay at home mom (with zero law experience or connection) who did exactly as the blog I posted advised. And trying to protect innocent home buyers who are on this board thinking the agents are here to help them instead of trolling for business.

For any buyers still pondering the above question, I would advise you to also look at the required education of a realtor. They like to compare themselves with doctors and lawyers but in reality, anyone can take the certification exam and become a "real estate professional".

Realtors have their limited usefulness, especially for first time buyers, but smart, motivated, experienced, tenacious buyers know that due diligence is always up to them anyway. This process is very doable on your own with specialized help (lawyers, lenders, and title companies). Please do not be dissuaded by these so called professionals who are only looking out for themselves on this board.
Ohhhh .... you're a stay at home Mom???? No wonder you know so much about buyimg and sellimg real estate!!! LOL! Seriously, lady, why are you answering questions on trulia.com?? Don't you have some house cleaning or baking you could be doing??? It's bad enough that about 80% of everyone with a "real estate license," which by the way is a FAR cry from being a Realtor, makes ignorant, erroneous statements on line, but you?????? LOL!! Seriously, you've made my day ... just when I thought I'd seen everything.
Flag Fri Feb 22, 2013
Oh!!!! You're a stay at home Mom ..... no wonder you're such an expert about real estate!!! Seriously, if you want to give advice (why are you answering questions on trulia.com??), save it for your children. There's enough ignorance on this planet without you adding your "opinions." LOL!!!
Flag Fri Feb 22, 2013
Wow, homebuyer123 ... you REALLY know what you're talking about, don't you? First, it's been more than a decade since we've all been "agents for the seller," and there is NEVER a fee to work with a Buyer's Agent ... never.

But, hmmm, it's sounds like you're an attorney?? So people should pay YOU, right?? LOL!!!! Here are the facts people: you can hire a professional Buyer's Agent to be your "advocate" and represent your needs for FREE 100% of the time.

This guy? God help us if he is an attorney, has NO clue. If anyone thinks buying and selling homes is easy, they should quit their job and try it for six months (oh wait, everybody does that now!!). Helping people buy and/or sell homes is a tremendous responsibility, and hiring a knowledgeable, professional Buyer's Agent is critical to your financial and emotional success. Always know, you make money when you BUY, not when you sell.

Oh before I forget, there is ONE MAJOR DIFFERENCE between realtors and attornies -- realtors don't get paid until we successfully help you buy or sell a home. Attornies? Let's just say "billable hours." Please contact at least three local realtors before making any real estate decisions.

Julie Montgomery
RE/MAX Masters, Inc., Greenwood Village, CO
http://www.jmontgomery.com

Julie Montgomery
RE/MAX Masters, Inc.
Web Reference: http://www.jmontgomery.com
Hi ~

HomeBuyer123, I appreciate your opinion, and am sorry that your experiences have led you to these conclusions. From my decade plus of experience, your opinion reflects the unfortunate bias and actions of the minority of agents.

I have routinely worked with clients for a year prior to them purchasing a home. They switched neighborhoods, price points, property type... all requiring starting 100% over. I'm OK with that as my satisfaction as an agent comes from having a raving fan, not from shoving a buyer into the "first home you see, regardless if it is the right one for you". My clients become my friends, and who, in their right mind, does their friend harm.

I agree that the buyer IS, in essence, paying for the buyer's agent services as the seller builds the 2.8% for the buyer agent into the price of the home, so the higher price of the home reflects the commission paid "by the seller".

We can do much more than just get a buyer into a home controlled by a lock box, and I welcome anyone to take me up on an offer of meeting for coffee to discuss how even the smartest, most educated clients I have benefit from hiring an agent.

~ Rick Janson
http://www.denverrealestateoffice.com/contact
Keep in mind, these answers are all from agents who profit by propagating the idea that using an agent is necessary to buy a home. An agent can show you homes controlled by a lockbox. That is all. Keep in mind all agents work for the seller unless you are paying them as a buyers agent; they all want a home sold with a minimum amount of work for them. In fact, nothing makes agents happier than when you purchase the first home you see, regardless of if it's the right one for you.

A more important question is what a home buyer can do that an agent cannot. If you have identified a neighborhood where you want to live, you can drop notes in all the mailboxes explaining that you love the neighborhood and for anyone contemplating selling to contact you. Then you can work with the seller on a personal basis, come up with a reasonable agreeable sales price, use a real estate lawyer to draw up the contract, and both of you can save a boatload of $$$ on real estate fees (bear in mind all the MLS listings have 6% built in to the price to pay the realtors so YOU ARE paying both agents involved.)

Read this great blog post.
We are familiar with the whole process in a real estate transaction from experience. We do this for a living so become experts. We attend real estate seminars in order to be up to date with the Real Estate commission. We educate the buyers so you don't make a big $$$ mistake, we have access to a lot of information at our fingertips while a buyer can probably also find same info but dedicating so much of your own time. You can represent yourself in a lawsuit but would you if you have not been trained to become a lawyer? The list is long, send me your email and I'll be happy to share my buyer's presentation with you, I have everything there and I'm sure you will see the value that an experience real estate agent will bring to your home buying process! yolivarela@gmail.com - 303.748.6559
Can't? Well, a home buyer can't access an MLS keybox. I would turn the question a bit and suggest asking, what can a home buyer do as well as an agent?
Excellent Question Trulia! I'm constantly sharing the answers to this question with clients, friends, family and any one that will listen. The list of answers is long and worthy. For most, purchasing real estate is a once every 5-10 year exercise. For a Realtor, it's EVERY day. Because of that, we become experts in the field. We're current on the legal agreements/contracts (that change annually in Colorado), market trends, people (lenders, inspectors, insurers, contractors, title reps and the list goes on) and perhaps most importantly: the product itself. And the best part as mentioned below: for the Buyer the services are paid by the seller! Nothing eats me up more than a Buyer who goes unrepresented against the Listing Agent working for the Seller.
There are so many good, informative answers. Who can do your job better, you or me? We are trained and it takes years to be great at this biz. Do yourself a favor and find a good Realtor.
Tim OUCH! Got us. Thanks for pointing that out. Enjoy your day
Everyone has given you great answers. I will add to that, not that I will save you thousands of dollars (eveybody can save you more than anyone else!) but that I would keep you from buying a nightmare instead of a dream.
I suggest finding a LOCAL Exclusive Buyer's Agent that knows the local market. If you need a referral I would be happy to help you. If you are looking in this area, call me!
Enjoy the day!

John G. Johnston
719 783-4644
Great answers from the agents below! I just want to add, that in today's real estate market filled with foreclosures and short sales, a home buyer would not even know where to start and how to proceed with these transactions. Banks, HUD, Fannie Mae, selling foreclosed properties have a myriad of different guidelines and requirements and we, agents, are familiar with and will guide a buyer towards a successful closing. There are so many things that can go wrong in any given transaction, from loosing your earnest money to ending up with a lemon of a property. You, as a buyer, want to make sure your interests are protected by your buyer's agent, representing you and working for you!

Marina Bay
Cherry Creek Properties
303-835-9305
Great question and I would have to say that today, more than ever, an agent is key in getting you into the home of your dreams. Inventory is at an all time low ~ so low that the most desirable homes are going under contract in 3-5 days, many over asking price. You need a broker that has their finger on the pulse of the market and neighborhood in which you want to live. You need someone that can use their network to get you in to a home first, if not before it hits the market to position you to have the best chance of making the best offer. My office has a 25% in house sales percentage. We put a lot of our clients in homes that never hit the market or are on for only a day or two. I've shown three houses in the past week that arent yet on the market, but will be in the next two weeks. You cant do that as an unrepresented homebuyer. Professional brokers, full time people, are worth every penny. You just need to find the right one for you.
I'm not really sure why you would want to represent yourself in a home purchase and what advantage it would provide to you as a buyer? Currently in our state of Colorado the buyers agent commission is paid by the listing agency.

A buyers agent represents the buyer and the sellers agent represents the seller. With knowledge, training and experience you want someone to represent you! Make sure you chose an agent that works full time and has had experience in the market. Currently there is low inventory in the market, so you have to have an agent whom is accessible to you the buyer.

I will you best of luck with your purchase and if you need an experience agent I would be happy to help!

Bill Pearson GRI, SRES |"Your Denver Realtor For Life"
ERA Herman Group Real Estate| 201 Columbine Street| Suite 301| Denver CO 80206
720-329-1470 |Bill@DenverRealtorForLife.com
5280 Magazine FIVE STAR Real Estate Professional – 2010, 2011, 201
Can you fly the plane? Can you do surgery?
Protect you. Our knowledge, through training and experience, protects the Buyer from purchasing a problem.

I could go further into this, but instead, I'll just use a parallel: would you perform surgery on your spouse if you are not a doctor? If the answer is no, then ask yourself why not? Is it because you don't have the experience and are afraid that you may make a big mistake?

If this is your answer, then you now know why you would not trust purchasing one of the biggest investments in a typical person's life to someone inexperienced.

Best of luck to you!
An agent's No. 1 purpose is not only to help you buy a home but to help you buy a home that is NOT in a declining area (and there are plenty in Denver, CO). A buyer's agent works for you; a seller's agent works against you.

There are many buyers that think because they have Internet access, they don't need an agent because they're going to "save" money by working directly with the seller. It makes sense on paper, but it doesn't translate in reality. A seller's agent is to make sure the seller gets the highest price possible ... period.

A professional buyer's agent (not just someone you happen to know who dabbles in real estate) is the diffrence between winning and losing. A good buyer's agent not only makes sure your money is well-spent in the right area, but also writes the contract to buy on YOUR behalf. A good buyer's agent makes sure you're working with a good, honest lender, which isn't as easy to find as it sounds.

Finally, a good buyer's agent is your "advocate." It's like hiring an attorney to represent your best interests in the largest purchase you'll ever make, except buyer's agents are FREE -- realtors are always paid by the seller.

There are a lot of misconceptions about buying a home, and it's very easy to make bad decisions that will cost you financially and emotionally. When you're ready to buy, interview three top-rated agents from this website and pick the one you want on your side.

Julie Montgomery, RE/MAX Masters, Inc., 303-906-3150, http://www.jmontgomery.com (visit this website for more information on buying a home)
The home buying process can be long and stressful and right now its war in the market. Good properties are gone the same day they come on the market. So a good agent will know those properties and find you them either before they hit the market or immediately after. Our buyers services are free to the buyers and we get paid from the sellers. So why not use an agent. We get access to homes that you do not and our information is the most accurate. You really need an agent that knows the specific area well. I would be happy to show you why we are very good at our jobs. Good luck, fee free to call, email or check out our site. Free of charge and no pressure. 3035894591 jeff@bluesky-home.com http://www.bluesky-home.com