Pam, Both Buyer and Seller in 21085

What areas within Sussex county should we concentrate when looking for a piece of land. We want to be just outside Fenwick, Bethany, OC Md etc with

Asked by Pam, 21085 Sat Nov 6, 2010

the hopes of lower land costs; yet close enough to enjoy the beach and other ammenities. We are thinking of buying the land now and placing a modular down the road. Note: I had read elsewhere that you need to be careful because there are areas where toxic materials have been dumped in the past and covered later. Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

7
Brendan Garfield Crotty’s answer
Hi Pam,

I would be happy to assist you with your search. There are many good lots and communities just outside of the beach area that are available. Please contact me directly to discuss the different options.

Brendan Garfield Crotty

(302)858-3234

REALTOR
President Southern Sussex Rotary 2009 - 2010

E-mail: Brendan@BrendanGarfieldCrotty.com

Website: http://www.BrendanGarfieldCrotty.com

Blog: http://www.brendangarfieldcrotty.com/Beachrealestate

Beach Decoration Ideas: Click here to decorate your home

Follow us on: Face book

ResortQuest Real Estate
(302) 541 - 8778
(302) 539 - 8600
33012 Coastal Highway
Bethany Beach, DE 19930
There are several areas that would work well. It would really depend on how close you would want to be to the beach. Ocean View and Millville DE are about 3 / 4 miles to Bethany Beach. I would be happy to help you with your search but would need some additional information to make sure you get what you really want.
Towns just west of Bethany Beach and Fenwick Island offer large parcels of land at a very reasonable cost. I would focus on Ocean View, Millville, and Selbyville Delaware. These areas are just minutes to the beach, and most have a history of having been used agricultural, and will have never had toxic material dumped.
As a resident myself of the rural side of Worcester county, I can tell you what a beautiful area it is. We have many open field areas with agricultural fields and smaller developments throughout. The EPA has a listing and information on properties that you are reerring to and I would advise seeking information from them on any parcels that you felt may be contaminated.

I live on a small horse farm with my family and have for the past 20 years. The horses eat right from the ground and have had no problems relating to chemicals or the like. They thrive where we are. One of my horses past away at the age of 36 (which would be 108 to you and I).

I'm always happy to help buyers with a purchase in the rural areas of the counties in MD and DE. If you are interested in getting any further information, you can contact me at Rhondafrick.com. I'm happy to help in any way that I can.
Web Reference: http://hondaFrick.com
Pam,

I have just done what you are looking to do.....

Check out Cape Windsor off Rte 54 in Fenwick. The community used to be comprised of Permanently affixed trailers and over the past 5 years, many have been aquired, razed and modular homes put into place.

Great community - only 1mile from the beach and has bay access via individual docks via canal or direct access.

Love to have you as a Cape Windsor neighbor.

If you need a great agent that specializes in this type of work - I will be happy to share the Realtors name that assisted me. (Yes, REALTORS hire other Realtors to represent them!)

Gerry Dunn
Associate Broker
Maryland, Virgina and D.C.
703-216-9100
Hi Pam,

There are many options. Please contact me directly to go over what you are looking for and what type of land/location would be best for your home.

Brendan Garfield Crotty

(302)858-3234

President Southern Sussex Rotary

ResortQuest Real Estate
(302) 541 - 8778
(302) 539 - 8600
33012 Coastal Highway
Bethany Beach, DE 19930