Question Details

Mburgan335, Home Buyer in Gaithersburg, MD

What areas should I avoid buying in Naples. Only have $200k and don't want a condo.

Asked by Mburgan335, Gaithersburg, MD Wed Dec 7, 2011

Consdiering relocating from England to Naples, Fl (originally from MI). Would be looking for a 3 bed 2 bath signle family home for under $200k (cash buyer), ideally with at least 1/4 acre, a fenced yard, and within walking/cycling distance to a beach. I will remain a director for a UK consultancy, but might want a menial job (such as in a hotel or restaurant or clothing store) just to keep busy. Many people say Naples is very expensive, but I've seen loads of ok house for under $200k and some for even $50k. Are there areas that are relaly dangerous and crime infested? Also how far to the nearest airport and hospital? Thanks in advance.

Answers

1
I would be happy to help. As far as crime is concerned I would check with the local police department. Here is a link to their website. http://www.colliersheriff.org/Index.aspx?page=1922

I would be happy to e-mail you properties that may interest you. In the 50k range you will not find much. I'm not sure where you are seeing homes for 50k in Naples, it may be from a site displaying inaccurate information.The best place to see what is actively on the market is with a Realtor. I would be happy to e-mail you listings, no strings attached and I won't pester you. If you would like me to set it up just send me what you are looking for and your e-mail address.

The closer you get to the beach, the higher your price point will be.

Have you considered other areas close by like Fort Myers or Cape Coral? You can get a little more bang for your buck. Cape Coral was voted the second safest city in Florida.

Please let me know if I can help nancy.doyle1@comcast.net 239-209-2237

Have a wonderful day,
Nancy

Nancy Doyle
239-209-2237
nancy.doyle1@comcast.net
http://www.nancyd.listingbook.com