Home Buying in Scottsdale>Question Details

Trulia, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco, CA

What areas in Scottsdale are likely to appreciate in the next 5 years?

Asked by Trulia, San Francisco, CA Fri Mar 9, 2012

What potential local factors could contribute to this appreciation?

Note: Trulia Question of the Day is popular question being discussed in local markets. We'll featured best answers in consumer monthly digest.

Answers

6
Scottsdale is a well known tourist attraction with only limited available land for expansion. The very south serves the young and the working group, the old town serves the urban living needs and the middle north the sense of needing established neighborhoods, and finally the north with larger and more desert oriented homes. The appreciation has already started in the south the the middle north. It is scottsdale, hence it will be in demand.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 9, 2012
All of them. Scottsdale has very little room for expansion. You will not see the large developments like other areas of the valley. I believe this will make the existing homes more valuable.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 9, 2012
The underlying fundamentals of appreciation are supply and demand; therefore, scottsdale should see positive appreciation over the next 5 years as supply is low, demand is strong and it looks to stay that way for the near future. What parts of Scottsdale might do best? Well, I like both Old Town and North Scottsdale for long term growth prospects, but all in all, I think people are better off scouring for a deal than trying to horse pick certain areas.

My 2 cents...
Jason
480.258.1305
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 9, 2012
I think it goes without saying that in 5 years every part of Scottsdale will be up in value. My value pick right now in Scottsdale is along the McDowell Corridor. More specifically 68th St East to Hayden. I think you could go South about a mile of McDowell, and up towards Thomas. The prices in these neighborhoods have remained relatively static and they are mostly older, more neglected homes. The city has set a 5 year plan to revitalize this area, moving the car dealerships to the Indian Communities, and possibly bringing in a 9,000 seat arena. Getting the city of Phoenix to give us the Butte along McDowell will give us another landmark to reference and a possible boutique hotel would go at the base of this. 138M of private commercial money has been earmarked for this area, bringing in hope that this infusion in attention and cash will bring values in adjacent neighborhoods up. Can't go wrong in Scottsdale, if you are investing for long term growth, I believe this is your best bet. Here is a recent blog with video of a property we where looking at around Scottsdale Road and McDowell.
The entire area will go up as prices increase. Some of the nicest areas will increase at a faster pace, but we have already seen some increased prices and it looks to be a turning point in the market. Areas will depend upon the price a buyer is willing to spend.

It is certainly a great time to buy! It is also becoming a good time to sell and will only increase as prices rise.

Brenda

Ron & Brenda Cunningham
West USA Realty
602-980-3133
**** Recognized in the Phoenix Business Journal as "One of the Top 50 Realtors in the Valley" ****
Zip Code 85259 has been up for the past 2 months based on dollars per square foot

Here is the video ANALYZING the market.

http://screencast.com/t/daAR0ksyHv7
Web Reference: http://TinyUrl.com/85259Az