Home Buying in Milwaukee>Question Details

Trulia, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco, CA

What areas in Milwaukee are likely to appreciate in the next 5 years?

Asked by Trulia, San Francisco, CA Fri Mar 9, 2012

What potential local factors could contribute to this appreciation?

Note: Trulia Question of the Day is popular question being discussed in local markets. We'll featured best answers in consumer monthly digest.

Answers

2
I think I agree with Deb on West Allis especially. At any given time, this first-time home buyer price range area has 250-300 homes for sale. There have been, and still are, many distressed properties in this area. Therefore, as the market picks up, so too will the price of these homes.

And although Caledonia is in Racine County, it is the next town south of Oak Creek. Many years ago no one ever heard of it, but I call it the sleeping giant. Buyers looking in Oak Creek are beginning to see the advantages of Caledonia and building has been taking off there for some time now. I believe that this area is going to show much more growth in the future along with greater appreciation.

I also believe that all areas in Milwaukee and surrounding counties are going to appreciate in the next five years.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 9, 2012
The following zip codes had the highest percentage of change in number of closed home sales from the previous year: 53154 (Oak Creek), 53204, 53205, 53214 (West Milwaukee, and 53225. That being said, there is plenty of inventory in the Milwaukee area and I continue to see the areas of Oak Creek, Franklin, Bay View, Wauwatosa and West Allis having homes priced right and those areas continue to grow. These are the likely areas to appreciate the most in the next 5 years, in my opinion. The communities are continually improving and updating.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 9, 2012