Home Buying in Ventura>Question Details

Jimn322n, Home Buyer in Ventura, CA

What areas are best for short term rentals. We plan to use home/condo three months a year and would like to rent when we are not there.

Asked by Jimn322n, Ventura, CA Wed Dec 18, 2013

Answers

4
Ventura or Oxnard beach area. You can make the most if you rent weekly as Vacation rental. There are many websites to list on one popular one is VRBO.com. Contact me

Matt Polaski
805-760-4564
The beach areas almost always have short term rentals. Downtown areas are also good. Depending on the time of year you plan to rent it out, near a school could work well if people are relocating and need a shorter term rental while getting acquainted with the area where they would like to purchase a home.
Alex es answer has merit if you plan on being around during the school vacation periods. If not I suggest that near the Beach./Ocean as the owners in those areas are used to short term rentals. Most inland owners want longer term rentals as the upkeep is less expensive and there are less vacancy perods.
Since you plan to only use the condo for three months out of the year I would recommend looking into a area around a college or university. The school schedule would match up perfectly with what you are looking for and the rent is always very good.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer
http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com

408-352-5147
AGreer@TheMortgageOutlet.com