Home Buying in Celebration>Question Details

Mike Ortech, Home Buyer in Celebration, FL

What areas are best for luxury property in Central Florida?

Asked by Mike Ortech, Celebration, FL Wed Jul 28, 2010

What areas are best for luxury property in central Florida. I am interested in finding out more about areas near Disney. My range is around $1 Mil or maybe less. Preferably gated.

Answers

8
Hi Michael,
Glad to see you on trulia. I work with lot of clients looking for the wow factor after all your home is a reflection of you and your family and life. If you are looking for impressive areas in Central Florida you have an abundance of options which everyone will share but one thing to consider is your monthly taxes, HOA fees, and CDD fees if any. In terms of finding a large impressive home, Windermere has great lake front villa style Mediterranean single family homes with the privacy you are looking for as most neighborhoods are gated. Reunion has gated communities with very impressive homes however even if you go with a home and have no mortgage because you are paying cash, you are still looking at about $15-20K in annual taxes and CDD fees in addition to your monthly obligations for HOA (home owner association) fees which are about $550.00. If you don’t mind spending the money in addition to the mortgage than Reunion is a third consideration. Depending on your price range you can buy homes that were once listed from $2-3M in 2007 from $500K - $1M and up in Reunion, Windermere, and Celebration and you get a lot of impressive house for your money.
Reunion does have very high taxes which are a big hit to any budget thus the lowering of prices recently. Windermere’s taxes are significantly less with gated communities in abundance and a lot of the neighborhoods don’t have CDD fees so it is less money for you to have to pay in addition to your property’s mortgage. Celebration also has great options but the yards are a bit smaller and right on the main street for many of the listings and not tucked behind a subdivision infrastructure so the homes are not as private but have a great community feel. Feel free to browse listings on my website at http://www.windermeredreamhomes.com in all three areas when you are ready to review listings. In the meantime if you have any questions on homes you find on your own, feel free to contact me and I’d love to help.
Melissa A. Scire
Luxury Property Expert
Charles Rutenberg Realty
407-575-6455
Hi Mike,

"Best" and "Luxury" are highly subjective terms especially when you are talking about this much money and how strong a preference you have for a gated community.

If gates are a must then don't bother to look south of Disney. Celebration has no gates and never will. Reunion is a massive gamble if you want to spend this much money (might as well go to Vegas and play roulette). Formosa Gardens is the only other gated place south in this price range, but you will hate the view,

Immediately north of Disney you will find a number of very good choice. Check out Keene's Pointe, it may well be what you are after. And of course any thing with Windermere in the name. Here again, as with Celebration, gates may be a problem. There are some pretty nice places without gates.

However, my point in answering this question is to give you a totally different idea. Check out Lake Nona, which is well east of Disney, but due to to the 417 expressway is actually only about 25 minutes away. No one ever thinks of Lake Nona as near Disney, but in terms of drive time it's actually just as close as a lot of places to Disney north which have no fast access, just busy streets with lots of stop lights.

Mark LeMenager
Find your next house with the click of a mouse.
Search the MLS without obligation or registration from my website.

PS. If gates aren't mandatory, then hands down you want to be in Celebration.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 28, 2010
How close to Disney are you looking at? The Tampa area has some fantastic luxury listings and is only 1 hour to Disney. In fact, South Tampa has some of the most elite properties in Florida. Davis Island (Where Derek Jeter - NY Yankees, built his home), Harbor Island is another great area.

Let me know if I can be of assistance, I'd be happy to send you some listings in Tampa to look over.

Charlene Weston (Cobelo)
charlenetamparealtor@yahoo.com
Interesting. An answer to a 15 month old question that guarantees returns with only a link to a website with no address and no names. Gotta love that roast beef.

Mike, you ever buy a property?
Hello Mike,

The only place to buy a home that will guarantee you a return on your investment is Reunion Resort, you can get a great deal at the moment and rent the homes for an impressive rate.

Take a look here to see some homes that rent well and the rates being offered http://www.villasreunion.com

If anyone would like to list there reunion resort home here, please email us.
Mike,
If you would like to be at the beach, New Smyrna Beach is only 70 minutes from Orlando, and is called "Orlando's Beach." We have properties here that I know would meet your requirements. If you want to do some property searches, please refer to the website below. And, if I can be of further help to you, please don't hesitate to e-mail or call.

Warm regards,
Maggie Hawk, REALTOR
(386) 314-1149
Watson Realty Corp.
Hi Mike. I live and work in Celebration...please stop by my downtown Celebration office if you are in town and I would be happy to discuss luxury home options near Disney and surrounding Central Florida areas.
Or you can simply call me at 407-433-9699 or email Dana@TourofLuxuryHomes.com
Hello Mike,

Before you discard any community, make sure you do your own research and compare those communities that match your interests regardless of what you hear or read online. For example, I wouldn't call Reunion Resort a "gamble", at least not any more. The community has come a long way and right now there are new builds happening, record sales and overall growth. The great thing about Reunion is that it was built with luxury in mind, so the surroundings, amenities and properties have a great luxurious feel. Also, due to the overall market downturn, you can actually purchase a million dollar home in Reunion for much less. There are homes in Reunion that cost well over a million to build and now sell for six and seven hundred thousand.

If you want to learn more about Reunion you may visit http://www.reunionresortvillas.com
As for other areas, here’s a list of luxury homes near Disney for your consideration.

LINK: http://tinyurl.com/263mnus

Best of luck and let me know if I can be of further help.

Carlos German
http://www.CarlosAndTeam.com