Jojo, Home Buyer in Steamboat Springs, CO

What area is best buy closest to Steamboat Springs?

Asked by Jojo, Steamboat Springs, CO Fri Nov 5, 2010

Answers

6
The best buy closest to Steamboat would be found in any one of three subdivision just west of town. Steamboat II , Heritage Park and Silver Spur. All three of these areas are more reasonably priced than similar properties that are closer to town and the ski mountain. If you don't mind the short commute, you will find some very attractive pricing in these areas. Stagecoach is also an option but much more of a commute especially in winter and you need an experienced agent to help you as some of the properties do not have full utility service.

Thanks for your interest and feel free to contact me for more info at:

dan.shores@coldwellbanker.com
970-846-3860
Coldwell Banker Distinctive Properties
350 S. Lincoln Ave. #103
Steamboat Springs, Co. 80487
Jojo,

It really depends on your criteria. ie... retired, kids, job, full time resident, amount you want to spend, investment, etc.... All these play a part in where you buy.

You want it to be a pleasant experience before, during and after the sale.

In today's market, there are deals everywhere. It is a buyers Market right now. I would have to get this information to answer the question correctly.

Give me a call or shoot me an email. I would be more than happy to help you out. Be sure you ask for Pam H, we have 3 Pam's in our office.

Pam Heinrich
Steamboat Real Estate, Inc
620 Oak Street
Steamboat Springs, CO 80487
970-870-3273 Home office
970-234-2988 Cell
pam@steamboatrealestate.com
Hi Jojo,
Lots of options here - but a few things to consider:
1) best buy closest to Steamboat may be hard to unload if you should decide to sell at a later date
2) Lots of opportunities for investors right now, very close to the mountain, or on the mountain
3) Just because you find a bank owned or foreclosure, it may not mean that it will be the best value - that is, if not losing your mind (time+mental anguish=bad deal) is important to you - also, short sales and foreclosures are dragging other properties down in value as well.
So...as you're sorting through all these opportunities, please feel free to email me at
joy@mybrokers.com or log onto my website at
http://www.SteamboatResortRealEstate.com to send me a note. As a full time Broker/Owner of Colorado Group Realty for the last 8 years, I love the fact that finding property is such a wonderful investment in today's economyJoy Rasmussen
970.846.8678
Jojo,

It really depends upon what you are looking to buy. If you are looking for a single family home on a small lot in a residential neighborhood, there are a couple of subdivisions about 5 miles west of Steamboat that have some incredible deals on almost new duplexes and older single family homes from $200K - $300K. That would be the best buy closest to Steamboat. Another 5 miles west of there you come to Milner, a very small town and the closest town to Steamboat. There you can find very good buys on single family homes, some less than $200K. Outside of Milner, I would agree with Dave and say Stagecoach has been hit the hardest and has the most inventory of deeply discounted real estate, condos, townhomes, single family homes and homes on acreage. There is a brand new 3BD 2BA single family home in Stagecoach with a garage that just dropped to $210K! Steamboat is surrounded by 5 -35 acre lots some with homes and some without. There are some incredible deals on these types of properties as well.

Let me know if you have any questions or if there is anything I can do to assist you.

Robert Yazbeck
Coldwell Banker Distinctive Properties
970-846-7685
realestate@robertyazbeck.com
Hi Jojo,
Dave answered your question quite well. What I would add is this.... there are excellent deals available throughout Steamboat Springs and Routt County. What we have observed is this downturn has affected owners of homes in all price points and all neighborhoods. So, depending on what criteria you require in a home, chances are that you can find one that not only meets your needs in an area that appeals to you at a price that feels advantageous, but one that you can get excited about acquiring.
Don't hesitate to call or email me for more information.

Anne Mayberry 970.846.1425
Prudential Steamboat Realty
anniemay56@yahoo.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 6, 2010
The best values in the Steamboat area tend to be bank owned and short sale properties. This is typically of what is happening in most of the country. In some cases sellers can compete with bank pricing because they have owned their property for a long time or are willing to bring cash to the table, but for the most part the best deals are bank owned.

With that being said, one area that is seeing some great values is the Stagecoach area. Stagecoach reservoir is located about twenty miles from Steamboat and offers beautiful scenery. The area saw a boom between 2003 and 2007. Prices rose quickly as buyers sought an affordable alternative to the even higher prices in Steamboat Springs. When the real estate bubble burst, this area was hit particularly hard.

Numerous properties went to foreclosure and buyers have been getting some excellent deals. There are some great values to be had today with several bank owned properties that are priced to sell.

Dave Moloney
Prudential Steamboat Realty
dave@broker1.com

Sign up for free email alerts of bargain properties at
http://www.SteamboatBargains.com