Max Quezada, Both Buyer and Seller in Tampa, FL

What area in Tampa do you consider is the best area right now to invest for rentals? Thanks.

Asked by Max Quezada, Tampa, FL Thu Apr 1, 2010

Answers

2
Temple Terrace is probably a high demand rental area because of USF. Also New Tampa is a good option (as long as you're not paying high CDD & HOA fees). You need an analytical Realtor to help you evaluate the expected rate of return.

Also you may be able to find a better bargain if you wait until May 1st if the first time homebuyer tax rebate program expires.

I'm hoping it will get extended to Sept 30th/Dec 31st closing but if it doesn't there will be less buyers competing for the same properties.
Max,
You really need to look at historically what areas have had the best proven rental rate and occupancy rates. It really all comes down to price. How much you are willling to invest, the purchase price of the property, the return on investment, and the resale potential. What type of return are you looking for, monthly cash flow or resale potential? Are you looking for distressed properties or something turn key? Certain neighborhoods are price points have bottomed out. We have actually seen from February sales, that some sectors, the price points increased. I would be happy to talk with you about the type of investment you are looking for to focus on the investment options that are on the market. You can reach me at 813. 892. 7907 anytime to review your criteria. Let me know if we can help you anyway, Warmly, Rick

Rick Scherer & Kevin Reder, ALHS. CLHMS, P.A.

Smith & Associates Real Estate
3801 Bay to Bay Blvd
Tampa, FL 33629